Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Choosing a gaming laptop!

One word! Im Fawkin Pro!
Reaction score
Hey Ragerz!

I am switching from desktop to laptop and I have a trouble to see what laptop is good for gaming and what is not.

I was checking at the Asus G75VW but I have no idea if there are any better gaming laptops..

I need 2 favors from you all if that is alright :p

1. Finding a GREAT gaming laptop (looks doesnt matter). Size does! It should be 17" or bigger!

2. The price range can be between 10,000 SEK to 15,000 SEK (around ~1,580 USD To ~2,370 USD)

Games that it should be able to run;
League of legends
Mw3
Black Ops 2 (and 3 when it comes out)
Dota2
Counterstrike (not that it requires high spec)
guild wars 2

and games like those..

Really greatful for replies!

Sincerely~

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
. :junglejane:

Reaction score
If you're up for spending more than $2000 then go for the above. That's if you want to push it. It'll run all of your games nicely from what I've heard and can see, so if you've got a high limit & all the time in the world then go for that.

Praise the Sun!
Reaction score

One word! Im Fawkin Pro!
Reaction score
Hey thanks for the answers, I have looked futher on laptops and found another and which looks worth for its prise..

The Thor Laptops from cdon.com
Was thinking of buying thor Thrud which got Radeon 7970M (which in what I have read top gtx 675M by a few notch)

Well and for razor computers.. no thanks..

Alienware and razor computers will never be in my possession.. NEVER!!

Well, let me know what you think about Thor Trud :)

And what it goes for msi g70.. I did find it interesting and cheap for what it has at first.. but it uses gtx675 (even thought it is MX and says it should be better.. It aint a REAL big difference except that MX uses more power)

But I have read that THOR trud computers (desktop) most of the time are missing komponents or something fell off during shipment...
Wanted to know if anyone has heard or read anything like that on laptops (pixel glitches? dents and so on..)

Would be really appriciated if you helped me out on this :)

Sincerely~

Reaction score
If you have the budget, go with Alienware. Putting absolutely everything aside, when that thing breaks (and it will) do you want to send it away for 2-4 weeks for repairs or do you want a technician with replacement parts standing in your kitchen fixing it the NEXT DAY?

Alienware laptops have a chassis made of magnesium; not cheap plastic. Their warranty is THE BEST available from any manufacturer, it's aesthetically pleasing, and if you actually do your homework and look for discount codes (or bargain over the phone with them) you can get several hundred dollars off the price or get a tonne of freebies.

Having done this several times - If you call them up once you have the laptop & say you're not happy & want to return it to get something cheaper they will offer you ~5% of your total purchase amount as a rebate if you keep it. They are actually authorized to go to 10% so push a little harder saying you know the specs are great but you saw something else on sale which is alot cheaper & you'll get that 10% deposited back into your account. Couple that with a 10-20% off voucher if you can find one and Alienware don't actually cost as much as people think.

One word! Im Fawkin Pro!
Reaction score
What lol? Alienware doesnt cost much as People think? Are you completely out of ur mind?

Their so called not cheap plastic is just the thing People pay most for..

Even Their recommend build is more then expensive than any other computer with the same build, checked between several different computers!!

And about calling someone all the Time is absolutely not my kind of gig.

Thanks but no Thanks, i said no Alienware or Razer and im sticking with that.

Old Time Member
Reaction score
You want it cheap and good?

Google Asus N46VZ-i7 it's the one i'm using and it plays ultra gfx on any game no problem ;)

Reaction score
What lol? Alienware doesnt cost much as People think? Are you completely out of ur mind?

Their so called not cheap plastic is just the thing People pay most for..

Even Their recommend build is more then expensive than any other computer with the same build, checked between several different computers!!

And about calling someone all the Time is absolutely not my kind of gig.

Thanks but no Thanks, i said no Alienware or Razer and im sticking with that.
I own 3. So as someone who has never and will never touch them, do not tell me what they are or are not. Because you have no idea.

If you don't want something for an ignorant reason, don't try to rationalize it with arguments which aren't even true which you've just made-up on the spot.

I had a 17" Asus G73 i7 gaming laptop, and i replaced it with a smaller Alienware. Realized they were such amazing machines and cost so little compared to what people actually thought that i purchased 2 more. 3 of them cost me under $2,000 even though the RRP on them was ~$1,200 each. But even though the prices are listed like that on Dell's site, as i keep explaining - DOES NOT MEAN THAT'S HOW MUCH THEY COST. Get coupon codes, wait for good deals, then bargain over the phone & get rebates. I got each of them for almost 1/2 the retail price, brand new from Dell.

Calling someone all the time? I'm not saying you're going to be needing repairs every few weeks. I'm saying that high-end gaming laptops tend to have more problems than normal laptops (because they run hotter & faster) so when it does break & you need to have it repaired under warranty Dell is the only company who will send a tech with parts to your home. Every other manufacturer will require you to mail your laptop in to their depot and you'll get it back in several weeks. You compare the raw specs of the computers, but comparing having a motherboard replacement done the next day in your kitchen VS sending it away for several weeks? What are you going to do for those few weeks it's gone? Many people actually end up buying a replacement laptop to use in the mean-time which ultimately ends up costing more.

The only reason I'm even recommending them is because it fits into your budget. For a little over $2k you can get an epic m17x or m18x which would overall last you longer than any other laptop you could get for that amount (every component is removable & replaceable). But if you just want to focus on short-term gains then that's your loss i guess.

Reaction score
If you have the budget, go with Alienware. Putting absolutely everything aside, when that thing breaks (and it will) do you want to send it away for 2-4 weeks for repairs or do you want a technician with replacement parts standing in your kitchen fixing it the NEXT DAY?

Alienware laptops have a chassis made of magnesium; not cheap plastic. Their warranty is THE BEST available from any manufacturer, it's aesthetically pleasing, and if you actually do your homework and look for discount codes (or bargain over the phone with them) you can get several hundred dollars off the price or get a tonne of freebies.

Having done this several times - If you call them up once you have the laptop & say you're not happy & want to return it to get something cheaper they will offer you ~5% of your total purchase amount as a rebate if you keep it. They are actually authorized to go to 10% so push a little harder saying you know the specs are great but you saw something else on sale which is alot cheaper & you'll get that 10% deposited back into your account. Couple that with a 10-20% off voucher if you can find one and Alienware don't actually cost as much as people think.

That is so smart!
Alienware is having a president sale day. The normal $1200 is now $1099. Got any coupons that could save me a couple more bucks:wink:

Reaction score

Cheeky bastard! haha

But yeah, never buy a dell without a voucher. They often give them out. Hell my laptop I use atm I got 20% off it with a pub loyalty card. £1 to get £200 off, good deal! I doubt I'd ever phone and moan about it though, but them I'm British, it's not in our nature to do that sort of thing.

Back