• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Client error

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So I'm using the server files and client files from DevilSpeak's repack and I've setup a server on a VPS which I know is working because my friend is able to connect and play on it. I, on the other hand, can't. I don't know why but my client doesn't run when I have an IP other than 127.0.0.1 in my "service.ini". The game opens when I have that IP set but if I change the IP to anything else, it just pops up an error box that says "The file is corrupted, please run file-recovery from the launcher." if anyone may know a fix or why this is happening, it'd be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: Never mind, I fixed it right AFTER posting this. Been trying to fix it for 3 days now and I fix it the second after making a help thread, just my luck.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Helloes, can you please tell us how did you fixed your problem ? Thanks :)

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@Scanties what did you do to solve it? I have the same problem. It launches if I have 127.0.0.1 as the AUTHENTIC_DOMAIN, but if I try to put in the 192.168 IP of a networked machine, I get the file is corrupted error.
thtua That link does not help for this specific issue.

Upvote 0
Back