Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Clients crash no matter what.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Everything was going good. Server was up and running perfectly. No crashing at all with anything, a few DB errors, but those didn't cause it. I recently changed cable companies from Dish to Time Warner (TW has the best internet) So my IP's changed.

I had to add my new IP in. WELL, that's where it started. Changed IP's ( i know where they go ) server-set and for my server tool, plus the bin files.
No crashing occurred. Then, I compiled new everything. From .dll files to clients and all the .exe files. (i thought that was the problem; Plus i added new things to the source so i decided to start over)

Well then the crashing occurred lol So, I moved my new files to an old folder of mine when I first started. everything worked fine. BUT. I get on, the GM client and regular client both get through the :Select Server: and then i get "Failed to connect to the server" but everything looks perfect? I don't get it.

I tried searching on here, found very little to the cause of this?
I even called my brother, he told me to check my ODBC and check my bin files. ( i use a mix of bins ) because i got the new maps implanted in.
No help!

SOMEONE HELP ME. D:

Last edited by a moderator:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You stated a lot of scenarios so i'm a bit confused on what you had set up. Did you try checking if the server recieves data from the port(s)? Have you tried checking the port the distribute server is listening to is open? Check the ports.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
You stated a lot of scenarios so i'm a bit confused on what you had set up. Did you try checking if the server recieves data from the port(s)? Have you tried checking the port the distribute server is listening to is open? Check the ports.
Sorry, I just am frusturated!
I haven't ever messed with ports. Is that bad?

I play it straight up, yo
Reaction score
Please keep the font sizes to a standard if you could. I would suggest using them more sparingly.

I've faced this problem on so many occasions, each giving me more and more frustration with each attempt. For me the main problem was corrupted everything: source, clients, and server. The solution that I can suggest you start with is a clean start with your OS, this however can be inconvenient for the average person. If anything I suggest you get a free copy of oracles virtual box or vmware and conduct some tests on everything, starting from the very beginning to the last steps. You said you have source code modifications, which I'm assuming you can still access the files with those changes in them. I suggest starting from a new source code and slowly re-implement your changes to it.

Its not much to go on, but if that works for you then you might be able to find the true problem with your main OS. If possible, could you upload your logs folder from your servers folder? Lastly I wish you good luck with your configuration and please do update us on any more of your findings!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Please keep the font sizes to a standard if you could. I would suggest using them more sparingly.

I've faced this problem on so many occasions, each giving me more and more frustration with each attempt. For me the main problem was corrupted everything: source, clients, and server. The solution that I can suggest you start with is a clean start with your OS, this however can be inconvenient for the average person. If anything I suggest you get a free copy of oracles virtual box or vmware and conduct some tests on everything, starting from the very beginning to the last steps. You said you have source code modifications, which I'm assuming you can still access the files with those changes in them. I suggest starting from a new source code and slowly re-implement your changes to it.

Its not much to go on, but if that works for you then you might be able to find the true problem with your main OS. If possible, could you upload your logs folder from your servers folder? Lastly I wish you good luck with your configuration and please do update us on any more of your findings!

Sorry about the font, I have terrible vision and couldn't see what i was typing.
Thanks for the info though. That killed me night though lol let me tell you.
I got about 7 HDD's to wipe anyways to start over. Might as well wipe the OS and make it like its new.
Its just a pain, you know?
I got some new findings/Ideas of my own, that i'll make guides for soon!
Appreciate your help & maryjason Thanks for your info! still no connection!

Back