Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Color Character Names

Reaction score
Due to some bugs on GUNZ2830's unmasked runnable, I've switched to Xiao's (masked). I used Aristrum's uGrade Patching tool to add certain colors to Grade 3,4,5,6,7 and changed Grade 104(Silence) to Gray. All the patched grades show color in game but the name of the Character is "Developer" and not the real name of the character. Could anyone please tell me how I could make it work?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
idk... but if i remember well i saw that thread and he said that his patcher doesnt work with Masked Runnables...

but if you could add the grades and colors to the masked runnable you have to manualy ( ASM ) Unmask the New Grades.

Upvote 0
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I will have a hunt around and see if I can find it, I would like to know how to aswell xD

Upvote 0
Reaction score
I never said it didn't work for me. Would you mind spending a minute on reading and understanding my post completely? I do get colors on those grades but the name appears to be "Developer" and not the real name of the character. The question is, how do I unmask grades 3,4,5,6,7 and 104.

Upvote 0
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I never said it didn't work for me. Would you mind spending a minute on reading and understanding my post completely? I do get colors on those grades but the name appears to be "Developer" and not the real name of the character. The question is, how do I unmask grades 3,4,5,6,7 and 104.

in teh runnable

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
The problem is that my patcher was designed to be used on an unmasked runnable. You'd probably have to look at the unmasking tutorials and modify it so it only unmasks on certain grades.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Due to some bugs on GUNZ2830's unmasked runnable, I've switched to Xiao's (masked). I used Aristrum's uGrade Patching tool to add certain colors to Grade 3,4,5,6,7 and changed Grade 104(Silence) to Gray. All the patched grades show color in game but the name of the Character is "Developer" and not the real name of the character. Could anyone please tell me how I could make it work?

Why not trying and figure out how the unmasking actually works...

Upvote 0
Praise the Sun!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
cause not everyone knows how lol

Anyone with basic ASM knowledge could do. All you're basically doing is getting rid of the value returned in the EAX register by the GetUserGradeIDColor and push the correct value in the correct structure to the stack.

I bet almost no-one actually knows this, even though they have 'created' an unmasked runnable.

Upvote 0
(。◕‿‿◕。)
Loyal Member
Reaction score
That's why I asked why not try to learn assembly, then reverse engineering ):

cause they don't want to or are to lazy?

Anyone with basic ASM knowledge could do. All you're basically doing is getting rid of the value returned in the EAX register by the GetUserGradeIDColor and push the correct value in the correct structure to the stack.

I bet almost no-one actually knows this, even though they have 'created' an unmasked runnable.

ill be honest and say I don't.

I knew what to do for maybe 1/4 of it.

Upvote 0
Praise the Sun!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
cause they don't want to or are to lazy?

ill be honest and say I don't.

I knew what to do for maybe 1/4 of it.

You don't have to be ashamed you don't either, but I'm surprised, over and over, how people come up with questions about Assembly when they don't even know about structures. No offensive, we're here to help after all.

Upvote 0
Back