Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Corsair Server original sql databases minified

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
原始数据库的日志量为数十 GB,但我减少了它们的日志。欢迎使用它。

Last edited:
Reaction score
English only, guys.

xz907017986 - Corsair Server  original sql databases minified - RaGEZONE Forums

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, the people who know SQL won't need it. the people who know nothing will mess up sooner or later.
GAMEDB will grow to a few GB eventually and the transaction log is growing over time. I would set its recovery mode from full to simple with SSMS or Navicat, and use CHECKPOINT command in query when the file is getting too big.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Well, the people who know SQL won't need it. the people who know nothing will mess up sooner or later.
GAMEDB will grow to a few GB eventually and the transaction log is growing over time. I would set its recovery mode from full to simple with SSMS or Navicat, and use CHECKPOINT command in query when the file is getting too big.
can u be more detail for how to reduce their size?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
can u be more detail for how to reduce their size?
Open SQL Server Management Studio

Connect:
Server tyle: Database Engine
Server Name: 192.168.200.100
Authentication: SQL Server Authentication
Login: Crimson Desert
Password: BlackNo.1Game#^%

The Login and Password are default, you should use your own if you changed it.

In the Object Explorer on the left side, find SA_BETA_GAMEDB_0002, right click and make a backup first just in case or you can skip the backup if you want.

open its Properties,
In the Option tab, set
Recovery Model: Simple
Auto Shrink: True
then OK

On the top of SSMS window, click on New Query, type CHECKPOINT then click on execute, then the size of SA_BETA_GAMEDB_0002 will be reduced.
Let me clarify, the thing you want to shrink is a transaction log file that is called SA_BETA_GAME_0003 log. it is bound to SA_BETA_GAMEDB_0002 and taking a lot of space. Shrink the log will not affect your saved game data. You don't really need to shrink it if the size is less than 10GB in my opinion.

After the original file is shrank, you need to change Auto Shrink: True to False , or it will reduce to the minimum size which is only good for 1 to 2 days.
You can set the size of SA_BETA_GAME_0003 log to a certain value in the Properties now. It should be the 4th in the File tab. The file will grow over time when you play the game. Based on its minimum value, give it another 5GB should be good for the next 100ish hours.
You can always check its usage. Just right click on SA_BETA_GAMEDB_0002 in the Object Explorer, Task, Shrink , File
File Type : Log
File name: SA_BETA_GAME_0003
It will show you available free space. You can use the CHECKPOINT command again in New Query when you see the percentage is low.

I am new to SQL and this is my noob way to do it. I heard that pros can set automatic checkpoint so you won't need to keep an eye on it anymore. I appreciate if somebody can share a better way.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
(y)Thank you very much it is convenient and works well
2024-01-20_14928340.JPG - Corsair Server  original sql databases minified - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back