Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Crafting: Invalid Service Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi folks,
I recently ran into a problem. I am using 343's release which is just awesome ;)
I gave my character via HexCode and pwAdmin, XML all of the production skills lvl 10.
I think the Hexcode should be right. I tried two different versions to be sure anyway.

1.) 040000009e000000c80000000a0000009f000000c80000000a000000a0000000c80000000a000000a1000000c8000000a0000000

2.) thats the one from the pwAdmin Skill Hexgen Plugin: 040000009f000000000000000a0000009e000000000000000a000000a0000000000000000a000000a1000000000000000a000000
Everything seemed to work so far. My problem is, when i am trying to produce something, I mean anything at any NPC/Forge whatever...it gives me that stupid "Invalid Service Request" error.
I didn't edit anything at the NPC's at all. They are supposed to be the "Original" ones. Also I tried some other stuff on my own and searched threw the forum but couldn't find anything helpful.
The only thing I didn't try was to manually achieve the production skills and than try to produce something. I don't know what I am missing. Would be glad for any help or just a point in the right direction.

Edit: Achieved the skills manually now. Same problem. I also made a clone in VMware directly after I installed the Server. Tried to craft something on the clone where is nothing changed at all. Didn't work either. Yea idk if the download have been corrupt or something is missing...

Edit 2: Checked all the Quests/flags and they seem to be okay. I also did a complete reinstall of the Server and Client files. Tried several ways to "achieve" the skill ingame. Even after the reinstall it gives me that error...

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply, but I already searched threw the forum trust me :)
The lines in the elements.data are okay. I mean it is not about a custom NPC, just normal ones. But yea that was the first thing I checked.

Upvote 0

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
Not necro'ing this thread but got specify pm about this thread..

Invalid service request can be various options that might be wrong, if you already tried learning the manufacture skills it most likely won't be a problem there and i doubt it anyway because i also recently had ''invalid service request'' and i got it fixed because i forgot 1 field was not 0..

Now to the point..

Which version are you using? and what client version make sure those are correct since a invalid service request is most likely a problem either with the NPC or the Receipt as thats where my issue was.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Well first of all thank you for "necroing" this thread ;)
Sorry that I forgot to mention the version...it is actually 131/136, Server/Client. If it helps the elements.data Version is obviously v.10/12 Server/Client.

I doubt it has something to do with the NPC or the Receipt because I have already checked them and they are untouched anyways.
And if your asking yourself why it is actually 131/136 (I was asking that myself). I think it is supposed to be like that:

http://forum.ragezone.com/showthread.php?t=736572&page=240&p=8138948&highlight=version#post8138948

343:
Yes 131 and 136 are actually VERY different. Just in case you didn't know, or for those who do not already know: 136 has always actually been 126 on the server side. So we were running a 126(server)/136(client). Once the actual 131 server was released I "silently" updated that 126/136 to be 131/136, so the entire 136 package is very different in that respect. It is the same in the respect that it still has all the things done to it that I did over the last, oh 5-6 years or so (like adding new dungeons like Z9)... Any client side changes, there were minimal if any client side changes (besides me adding the nice installer). Now the 131/131 is a "pure" or "actual" 131 131 server with 131 client. The client is a virgin 131 client, so it's an untouched version of the game. Biggest thing you'll notice is the non "English" names, EX: Archosaur was called Ancient Dragon City in I wanna say that was the PW_CN version... So, they're very different indeed, and well worth checkin 'em all out so you can see for yourself. The packages are: 131/131 131/136 146/146 fw/fw

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Well first of all thank you for "necroing" this thread ;)
Sorry that I forgot to mention the version...it is actually 131/136, Server/Client. If it helps the elements.data Version is obviously v.10/12 Server/Client.

I doubt it has something to do with the NPC or the Receipt because I have already checked them and they are untouched anyways.
And if your asking yourself why it is actually 131/136 (I was asking that myself). I think it is supposed to be like that:

http://forum.ragezone.com/f452/complete-pw-package-736572-post8138948/?highlight=version#post8138948

343:
i had same problem , and ive tried for a few days to get it working , not even 1 forge was working (still didnt solved)
I got back to the old release which works awesome.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Check the export configuration file.

Well I looked into it but couldn't find something strange. Don't know exactly what I should have to look for. Haven't taken a deeper look on how to make configs...yet. Beside that it is not empty and it does what it should do, downgrading right?
I uploaded the rule and configs I am using if you want to take a look at it: onfig

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
i had same problem , and ive tried for a few days to get it working , not even 1 forge was working (still didnt solved)
I got back to the old release which works awesome.

I tried the old release now too.
It is working there. I just don't know why...
Could copy over the changes I made. The only thing that is different and probably the thing that fucks it up, is the Server side elements.data Version is 7. So Damadboy is right. It has probably something to do with the Config or at least with the elements.data itself. Still it is weird. Anyways I will go on and work with the old release. So if someone has the same problem just use the older release and you should be fine, even if you made some changes already.
Thanks everyone for their answers and help.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I tried the old release now too.
It is working there. I just don't know why...
Could copy over the changes I made. The only thing that is different and probably the thing that fucks it up, is the Server side elements.data Version is 7. So Damadboy is right. It has probably something to do with the Config or at least with the elements.data itself. Still it is weird. Anyways I will go on and work with the old release. So if someone has the same problem just use the older release and you should be fine, even if you made some changes already.
Thanks everyone for their answers and help.
Gud Gud , the old release works really good too (the new release has awesome addons)

Upvote 0
Reaction score
No need to test, I guarantee it'll work. Once I read this thread, and checked release files I saw that the wrong config had made it into the package, which also meant the wrong elements had made it into the package, which is why I'm repacking it and will be releasing that soon. Tested and confirmed too.

So, if you want to fix your crafting for v136, all you have to do is load client elements.data and export to server v10 with those new rules. Bam, crafting problem fixed.

So the torrent that's currently up WILL be removed completely. I will be starting a new torrent with all the files it has now, just a new pw_dev.iso (since that's where the config is), and a new 136-server.

NOTE (to all): PLEASE DO NOT DELETE ANY of the package files when I take down the current torrent. When I upload the new torrent, you'll just want to set it to DL to the same place all the package files already are. That way your torrent program should 'check' the files and it'll see that the only files that don't match are pw_dev.iso and the 136 server. (that way you'll have a LOT less to DL, opposed to DL the whole 20 some GB again)...

Stay tuned to my official release thread for full details on the old torrent/delete and the new update torrent/release.

So, since this has been solved

closed

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back