Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Critique my new PC build

Canadian
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I've been looking at builds for a new PC for mostly work purposes (graphic design and programming), as well as a bit of small gaming (nothing major).

I'll be buying a 64 GB SSD from a local store as well (cheaper and Newegg doesn't have any in their warehouse).

I'm just curious if everything will fit together in the small case, if the power supply wattage is what I need, and any other recommendations.

I removed the old build in OP and replaced it with a brand new one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You got a really good price my friend!
Its good build.

Canadian
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Just ordered it from Newegg, I'll be picking it up tomorrow. Though I did downgrade the video card slightly (by about $20), the rest of the build is the same.

Reaction score
I have that exact processor, it starts to witch if you overclock it above 4.00GHz.

No you don't, you have the same model CPU, not the exact same one. Every CPU is individual, if yours can't hit 4GHz then i guarantee you other CPU's from that same batch can hit 4.4GHz, likewise others won't go above 3.8GHz.

The clock speeds of every CPU are averaged. They take several samples, test their clock speeds, and they SET the clock speed to whatever the AVERAGE clock speed was from those samples. So you'll have some at 2.0GHz, some at 2.1, all the way up to some sitting at 2.8GHz. Then they average it out & set them all at 2.4GHz. What this means, is some CPU's have been OVERCLOCKED to reach that "stock" speed, while others have been UNDERCLOCKED. This is why 2 chips will never overclock the same. Because one of them might have originally been at 2.8GHz so pushing an extra 1GHz will take it to 3.8GHz, while another which was 2.0GHz has already been overclocked from factory so that same 1GHz overclock will only take it to 3.0GHz.

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
No you don't, you have the same model CPU, not the exact same one. Every CPU is individual, if yours can't hit 4GHz then i guarantee you other CPU's from that same batch can hit 4.4GHz, likewise others won't go above 3.8GHz.

The clock speeds of every CPU are averaged. They take several samples, test their clock speeds, and they SET the clock speed to whatever the AVERAGE clock speed was from those samples. So you'll have some at 2.0GHz, some at 2.1, all the way up to some sitting at 2.8GHz. Then they average it out & set them all at 2.4GHz. What this means, is some CPU's have been OVERCLOCKED to reach that "stock" speed, while others have been UNDERCLOCKED. This is why 2 chips will never overclock the same. Because one of them might have originally been at 2.8GHz so pushing an extra 1GHz will take it to 3.8GHz, while another which was 2.0GHz has already been overclocked from factory so that same 1GHz overclock will only take it to 3.0GHz.

I pretty sure you and everyone else knew what I meant when I said that.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ummm....you have a micro ATX case...an ATX power supply...and an 7" GPU....you might have some space issues there....

(Never understood why people do the micro ATX cases and mobos...my first thought in every build is always future upgrades)

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Exactly what he said !!

Back