Death to Google!

Reaction score
Seriously Google has turned into a completely fucked up corporation that doesn't give a poop about it's users and is only based on extreme greed with no moral standing.

Now we have all read/seen the privacy poop, increases advertising, them boosting their own services within their search engine over others (search engines should be objective) etc etc
And then of course we have them refusing to make applications for Windows Phone, including a YouTube app, Talk app, Maps app etc, while third party ones do exist (some more successful then others) they have been actively trying to block them. But the past 2 weeks they have been going even more on the offensive.

Google is stopping with active sync, this is used on Windows Mobile and Windows Phone devices, now they want to pretend that it's because active sync is not open source (and it's not), however it is 100% free and they will actually keep running it on their servers for existing users, however if you are new user on a Windows Phone device then you will have the chance until the end of the month to connect to their server with your phone, or you will not be able to use active sync anymore, which means that contacts and calenders will not be synchronized.
So since it will remain to work for current users (until of course they get a new phone Windows Phone), it has obviously nothing to do with not wanting to do any maintenance on it, but everything with wanting to keep people from switching to Windows Phone.

And then yesterday Google blocked Windows Phone from using Google Maps. Google claims: "The mobile web version of Google Maps is optimized for WebKit browsers such as Chrome and Safari. However, since Internet Explorer is not a WebKit browser, Windows Phone devices are not able to access Google Maps for the mobile web."
This is an obviously lie, Google Maps used to work, hell Google forgot to fix a redirect which still allowed to use through maps.google.co.uk, they have fixed that by now, but shows the obvious lie. Not to mention that IE on Windows Phone 8 is exactly the same as the Windows 8 version, it uses of course a different layout etc, but as far as a support goes, it's all the same. Maps still work on Windows 8. They obviously just blocked access from browsers that identify themselves as a mobile IE browser.

Google are actively refusing WP users to their services in the hope that WP will never grow any bigger. Just shows you what kind of fucked people they are, the whole openness etc is just a cover up for their lies to dominate everything.

Personally I'm completely done with Google. I will be taking my poop elsewhere.

Reaction score
I don't see anything wrong. Why would they spend money on running a free resource for a competitor? That's a horrible business plan.

Want Google services? Get a Google (android) phone. Want windows services? Get a windows phone. Want Apple services? Get an iPhone.

Its Ducking as simple as that. Live with it. They arent being aggressive, they're realizing how much money they are wasting by allowing so many other devices to use their services.

You don't see Apple letting you legally download your iTunes music to your android now do you? If you want to witch about Google then witch about apple and Microsoft too because they all do the same poop.

Reaction score
Microsoft would never do anything like this to other companies/users would they.
Oh, I didn't know that lying to users is allowed if another company has done the same. You are absolutely right, they should be dicks to their users, you are absolutely right...

Besides, MS already has a poop reputation, people still think Google is god, you obviously do, because rather by being pissed off with Google, you reflect all their poop to MS which has absolutely nothing to do with it. Remember the saying, two wrongs don't make 1 right? Not to mention that it screws up their own users, it's the people who want to use google services who are getting fucked.
I don't see anything wrong. Why would they spend money on running a free resource for a competitor? That's a horrible business plan.

Want Google services? Get a Google (android) phone. Want windows services? Get a windows phone. Want Apple services? Get an iPhone.

Its Ducking as simple as that. Live with it. They arent being aggressive, they're realizing how much money they are wasting by allowing so many other devices to use their services.

You don't see Apple letting you legally download your iTunes music to your android now do you? If you want to witch about Google then witch about apple and Microsoft too because they all do the same poop.

Because everyone else does? Doesn't Android have Hotmail, Skype, Skydrive, Bing (maps) etc and soon Office?
Don't get me wrong, I'm the last person to defend MS' actions, they are a power hungry company who will do just about anything for profit, just like Google. The difference is, people like you still pretend Google isn't all that, that they don't clearly lie through their teeth.

Anyway, you are acting like we are talking about some exclusive application package, we are talking about maps and email, don't be such a massive Google fanboy by pretending that's normal.

Btw to make your argument even more idiotic, you can still get all your poop from Google, you can still get your contacts etc away, they are just making it harder for Windows Phone users. And guess what, this will actually be bad for Gmail, because you see they make money from you using gmail, all the information in those emails is what's raising money for them, all those contacts allowing them to link you all together, that's even more information they can use for advertising. So they will actually loose money there. So this has nothing to do with losing money on services, this has to do with trying to keep WP small at the expensive of users everywhere and they have proven to LIE about it to do so.

So you go ahead, you go protect a lying company. Just shows how little you understand about the world.

I'd say though, go smell the roses and see what kind of poop company they really are.

Reaction score
Oh, I didn't know that lying to users is allowed if another company has done the same. You are absolutely right, they should be dicks to their users, you are absolutely right...

Besides, MS already has a poop reputation, people still think Google is god, you obviously do, because rather by being pissed off with Google, you reflect all their poop to MS which has absolutely nothing to do with it. Remember the saying, two wrongs don't make 1 right? Not to mention that it screws up their own users, it's the people who want to use google services who are getting fucked.
I'm not saying two wrongs make a right, I'm just pointing out that you're ignorant if you think Microsoft doesn't do the same stuff as what Google did to you and the other users of WP.

Reaction score
Show me where I said MS doesn't do these things? Please show.

Oh wait, there is nothing to show because I never said that.

You want me to make a topic dedicated to the shenanigans from MS? Because this is all common knowledge already.

The simple fact is that this is about what Google is doing and all you want to do is focus the attention on MS. This is Google Ducking over their users, end of story. Either stay on topic or go make your own topic.

Reaction score
Anyway, you are acting like we are talking about some exclusive application package, we are talking about maps and email, don't be such a massive Google fanboy by pretending that's normal.

Apple and Bing both have their own Email and Map services. Use those.

... oh wait, they suck. No wonder you're making a big fuss.

I don't agree with everything Google does, but this is one genius move to increase Android sales. They know their services are better than everyone else's, so now they'll start hindering people who don't use Android. Nothing wrong with it at all. Apple and Microsoft have both done this for years.

You can't bring your Ford Fiesta to an Audi dealership for service and not pay a premium. You pay a premium because you're bringing non-Audi products to an Audi service area. Same concept. You're buying Microsoft hardware to use with Google services. You can't realistically expect that to be a smooth process (even though it has been until now).

Edit-
And if you want to argue that they're losing money through advertising by doing this, obviously they have already determined more people buying Android phones is more profitable than more people using Google services for free on non-Android phones.

Either that or they're doing this to troll Microsoft, which I don't doubt either.

Last edited:
HAARP
Reaction score
Google has been adopting this business plan for years now. They just tried not to pull off an apple spectacle but they've been Ducking up with opera on their sites since forever to the point where it has also affected firefox in some scenarios (e.g.: lower speeds when downloading youtube videos).

Now that they are in the hardware world it will become more evident that Google is also tricking their software to destroy their hardware competitors since it is a more competitive scenario than they ever had with their software.

Reaction score
Lol, there is nothing wrong with bing maps, not to mention that WP8 uses Nokia maps, which is far more superior in both navigation and overall map use. Frankly Google can shove their maps up their butt. But it's besides the point, it's not about specific applications or whatever, it's about the fact that they are not only actively trying to screw over MS by screwing over their OWN users, but they are doing this while clearly lying about it.
I seriously don't give a poop what you think is right or not, but Ducking over your users and lying about it, is just Ducking retarded, don't defend with crying about MS or costs etc.

As for service, your comparison is extremely flawed, it's saying that people are going to Google because there is a bug with WP, that doesn't happen. If you want to compare it to the auto industry, then it would be a gas station refusing service to all Audi's and saying it's because their gas won't work in Audi cars, whereas it's simply because the gas station hates Audi and the gas works just fine.

You are obviously a Google fanboy and you will say just about anything to defend their choices, refusing to synchronize contacts and your calender is completely fucked up, nobody does that except for Google. And here is the thing, they actually end up failing miserably with it, because the majority doesn't understand poop about it, so they just buy whatever they want and end up getting fucked in the butt by Google, you know a little goodbye gift for leaving them.

Android might be big, but they are not nearly big enough to have this much arrogance, the only reason why they been reasonably successful with it, is because of people like yourself. MS used to have such people, but they ended up getting lots of poop, the difference between MS and Google is, is that Windows is too big to take down, Google better hope they get that big by the time the real storm hits them, because trust me, it's underway and people like yourself are not strong enough to protect your master.

Reaction score
Stop calling me a fanboy to back up your argument to make it seem like I'm biased, which is an attempt to make yourself sound like you're right and I'm wrong. If I was really that biased I wouldn't currently own a HTC 8X. Why would I choose to use a Windows phone daily if I'm such a big Google fanboy? I love Windows phones for calling / social apps. I still use my Nexus as an at-home or on-the-go Wi-Fi device for games and other applications such as Tapatalk. Its great because both are slim and I can take both with me without any issues and never have an important phone call missed due to battery life.

As for service, your comparison is extremely flawed, it's saying that people are going to Google because there is a bug with WP, that doesn't happen. If you want to compare it to the auto industry, then it would be a gas station refusing service to all Audi's and saying it's because their gas won't work in Audi cars, whereas it's simply because the gas station hates Audi and the gas works just fine.

You couldn't be more wrong. This analogy is like saying you can't use a Sprint phone on a Verizon plan because the "fuel" (wireless backbone) isn't compatible, which is a complete separate subject. You're so caught up in yourself trying to label me as a Google fanboy that you completely missed that you went in to "Manufacturer [cars] vs. Service [gas]" while I was saying "Manufacturer vs Manufacturer".

For the reason you initially made this thread, you were bitching about Google blocking Maps on Windows phones. For your analogy to make sense, the service provider (Sprint, Virgin, Verizon, etc) would have to be the one doing the blocking, not the direct operating system competition... but hey, I guess you're having fun.

People like you are the real people hurting this industry, because people like you are the ones who wish to restrict fair competition between companies, hindering development and progression due to being such huge crybabies about issues as small as this.

As a part-time PC repair technician working from home, I refuse service on Mac computers because I "don't work on those". Google is refusing service to Windows phone owners because they "don't work with those". Companies everywhere follow this same concept across different services. Deal with it, its life.

SK CREATIONS
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Gohan you do understand that Microsoft has pretty much fucked over google with a number of things dont you. Microsoft are not innocent and they have also gone for the bully tactics that apple has taken.

Microsoft made this happen not google. You can not expect to spit in the face of others and they will shake your hand as if nothing happened. Also I would state they where only blocking the default IE on windows phones any other mobile app will let you use maps so what is the issue.

See,
Nasty Google how dare they make mas accessible to windows phone users.

Abit of history also about how microsoft has done this in the past also
Back in 2001, Microsoft was slammed for . Microsoft officials said the problem wasn't intentional and rewrote the site to work with non-Microsoft browsers.

The one and only!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This is bad but the only things I really use from Google are the search engine and YouTube. I never understood the need to watch YouTube videos from my Windows Phone 7 device but when I did need to, the website worked fine and well (why the need for an application?).

I also use Bing! but only on my phone because Nokia conveniently added a search button on the glass next to the Windows logo which can't be changed to use Google.

Edit- Done searching and Google are restoring Google Maps access to WP devices.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Get an Android Phone.
Get a PC not a crappy MAC
Get the Windows Surface Pr0 - If you really want a Tablet/Laptop

-Problem solved.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm on android and it pretty.much rocks all I can only hope Is that they are not going to block Android phones too. but for now I'm safe...

So yeah I think this so is going to pressure people to just step over to a android as they don't get in to these sort of stuff

Android is nice anyway but wait for the linux phone to come

SK CREATIONS
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Android is developed by google so why would they block the service on there own mobile operating system?

Also every one read above,
Google already stated they where restoring the ability for windows phones and IE and they where bringing out an app for windows phones. Please understand the reason for the lack of development on windows phones is due to windows new system that is very closed. Many developers have already complained about the limitations set on them. Photoshop something I use greatly has also had alot of features become void because windows is blocking the needed access.

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
Please understand the reason for the lack of development on windows phones is due to windows new system that is very closed. Many developers have already complained about the limitations set on them.

Seems to be the common consensus from big industry players that Windows 8 is very restrictive (albeit IIRC Microsoft have since made Win8 more open to developers). As I don't use Windows Phone then I couldn't give much of a damn what happens here as it doesn't affect me but I do in some way as it's kinda poopie how businesses have to fight over patents and intellectual property etc etc instead of letting each other openly use each other's backbone technologies. Yes this means everything is a clone of everything and it's really really poor business practice but it restricts what can then be developed and if these companies are so brilliant then develop better customer services and better features and let the technology battles be fought on the consumer front and not in a courtroom.

Too much faggotry in the tech sector and it's rather upsetting.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Android is developed by google so why would they block the service on there own mobile operating system?

I didn't really knew after I reseted my mobile. i found out that you can Log on to Gmail via your Google account and then i pretty much gave myself a face palm. Thanks for informing i literally didn't knew that it was made by Google.

Reaction score
Stop calling me a fanboy to back up your argument to make it seem like I'm biased
You keep arguing all sorts of points without actually agreeing with me that they are Ducking liars and are Ducking over their own users. Instead you defend it with that it's a smart choice etc. You twist crap around to make it seem everyone is doing this, whereas that's a complete lie since MS has been active in bringing their services to Android users.
So by not criticizing Google's actions here and their obvious lies, you are defending their choices. Remember this is the company who claimed "don't be evil" with the quote "Don’t be evil. We believe strongly that in the long term, we will be better served — as shareholders and in all other ways — by a company that does good things for the world even if we forgo some short term gains."
So tell me, how does that quote add up with what they are doing now?

So I call you a fanboy because you are defending them even though they are Ducking over their users, lying to them and doing the exact opposite of what they have claimed in the past. The only people who defend a company this hard besides fanboys, are people who work for the company and have a financial stake in it.
You couldn't be more wrong. This analogy is like saying you can't use a Sprint phone on a Verizon plan because the "fuel" (wireless backbone) isn't compatible, which is a complete separate subject. You're so caught up in yourself trying to label me as a Google fanboy that you completely missed that you went in to "Manufacturer [cars] vs. Service [gas]" while I was saying "Manufacturer vs Manufacturer".
The point is that a service, in this case Gmail and Maps, does work on a product, in this case Windows Phone, but the supplier of that service is lying through their teeth just because they have a issue with the supplier of the product.
Now it's 1 think that you don't want to invest or expand to offer services to a certain product, but it's another to refuse service even though the product handles it just fine.
People like you are the real people hurting this industry, because people like you are the ones who wish to restrict fair competition between companies, hindering development and progression due to being such huge crybabies about issues as small as this.
Wow... just wow... People like me are hurting the industry? Really? I'm speechless dude, that's how ridiculous that claim is.

As for the size of the issue, the issue is that Google claims to be a non-evil corporation, but is actively lying to it's users and is refusing them service because they don't like certain choices. Basically Google is all nice to you if you choose to take their whole package, but as soon as you drop 1 of their products for another, even though you keep using all other services from Google, then you're dead to them and they will do whatever they can to make you pay for it. But you are right, that's small stuff.

Even if I were to assume you were right that it is small stuff, but if it's so small, why would they lie to their users about it?
As a part-time PC repair technician working from home, I refuse service on Mac computers because I "don't work on those". Google is refusing service to Windows phone owners because they "don't work with those". Companies everywhere follow this same concept across different services. Deal with it, its life.
There is a difference. What you are arguing is that Google doesn't need to make apps etc for WP, which yes is their right, I don't like it, but that's their choice. But here they have a service which is working just fine and they actually go out of their way to not make it work.
The exact same thing goes for email, Google will continue to run active sync on their mail servers, but they will start refusing connections from WP.

So there is a major difference between the 2 and the fact that they are lying about it is making it worse.
Gohan you do understand that Microsoft has pretty much fucked over google with a number of things dont you. Microsoft are not innocent and they have also gone for the bully tactics that apple has taken.

Microsoft made this happen not google. You can not expect to spit in the face of others and they will shake your hand as if nothing happened. Also I would state they where only blocking the default IE on windows phones any other mobile app will let you use maps so what is the issue.
Where did MS duck over Google? And don't come with stories about how MS criticizes Google, because that's hardly Ducking someone over.
Last time I check Android has all the major MS applications except for Office which is in development.
But in the end this isn't about MS, this is about Google, Google claimed "don't be evil" and Google is Ducking over it's users, because the majority has no idea about these things, so you get someone buying a Windows Phone and finding out they can't synchronize their stuff from Google, what do they do? They move to MS while feeling fucked by Google.
Yes this is actually bad for Google, because all they are doing is showing people how evil they actually are.
See,
Nasty Google how dare they make mas accessible to windows phone users.
Dude, you do see how obvious BS this is? A few quotes:
"In our last test, IE mobile still did not offer a good maps experience with no ability to pan or zoom and perform basic map functionality."
"Recent improvements to IE mobile and Google Maps now deliver a better experience and we are currently working to remove the redirect."

TWO days ago they wrote:
"The mobile web version of Google Maps is optimized for WebKit browsers such as Chrome and Safari. However, since Internet Explorer is not a WebKit browser, Windows Phone devices are not able to access Google Maps for the mobile web."
Not to mention that it DID work.

So really what happened in those 2 days? IE for WP8 has been the same since the release in November, so what improvements were there?

Google just received a shitstorm because of what they did and their lawyers probably jumped up freaking out that this would cause them lots of poop in court as well.
In the end they are constantly lying, I mean seriously, 2 days ago the browser didn't work (which it did) but now because of "recent improvements" it all the sudden does? Do you not smell the shenanigans?
I never understood the need to watch YouTube videos from my Windows Phone 7 device but when I did need to, the website worked fine and well (why the need for an application?).
Try MetroTube, works much faster then in your browser, more options and of course you can download vids.
I also use Bing! but only on my phone because Nokia conveniently added a search button on the glass next to the Windows logo which can't be changed to use Google.
That's not Nokia's fault, MS forces the search button on the phone and they won't allow anything besides Bing as a search engine. Which I really hate btw. I do like the other Bing services in that screen though, the scan text and translation etc is all excellent.
I'm on android and it pretty.much rocks all I can only hope Is that they are not going to block Android phones too. but for now I'm safe...
Why would they, Android is Google's opensource project. Well they do actually block some Google services when you don't use a Google Android version. Basically what we perceive as Android is really Google Android, Android is all the basics, by the time you get your Samsung, HTC etc it has received a complete Google package with both good and bad things and usually all sorts of stuff from Samsung, HTC etc. However Android can also be used in it's basic version, for example Amazon made the Kindle Fire with Android and then filled it up with their own stuff and thus it doesn't come with Google Play or any of the other stuff, I believe it also requires tweaking before it can even be installed on it.

The potential with Android is absolutely massive and could be used with lots of appliances. Imagine you're oven running on Android and you just give a signal to it to go on when you are heading home.

SK CREATIONS
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Gohan,
Overall it comes down to the fact that each company has the right to take the course of action they feel is best for there company. If you cant honestly understand that then you fail to understand the very basic practice of bussiness.

Also what you have to understand is how closed off the new windows are. Many developers are having issues and if your going to have to spend a large amount of cash to create something that will work sub par due to the limitations available its just not a good idea nor profitable.

Back