Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Debian/Ubuntu] Installing PHP 5.6 , Mysql 5.7 , Phpmyadmin 4.9 & openjdk6-jre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This guide is for Aspiring & Experienced PW Server Developers

Here's a useful guide for those who use the latest debian/ubuntu distros on their PWServers.
Most of the scripts, panels, etc run on these specific configuration so some of you might want to install these.

Installing PHP5.6
open your Ubuntu Terminal and enter the following command in order to add the Ondrej PHP repository to your Ubuntu.

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ondrej/php

This repository contains all the released versions of PHP to date.
to update your repo, use this command after you've added ondrej/php
Code:
sudo apt update

Now is the time to install PHP 5.6 on your system.

Code:
sudo apt install -y php5.6

The software will then be installed on your system. check if you installed the correct version by using this command

Code:
php -v

Installing Mysql 5.7
Download the Repo by using the command below

Code:
wget https://dev.mysql.com/get/mysql-apt-config_0.8.12-1_all.deb

Once downloaded install repository using below command:

Code:
sudo dpkg -i mysql-apt-config_0.8.12-1_all.deb

if the command above doesn't work, you can use this instead:

Code:
sudo apt install ./mysql-apt-config_0.8.12-1_all.deb

In the prompt, choose Ubuntu Bionic and click Ok
shiank98 - [Debian/Ubuntu] Installing PHP 5.6 , Mysql 5.7 , Phpmyadmin 4.9 & openjdk6-jre - RaGEZONE Forums

The next prompt shows MySQL 8.0 chosen by default. Choose the first option and click OK

shiank98 - [Debian/Ubuntu] Installing PHP 5.6 , Mysql 5.7 , Phpmyadmin 4.9 & openjdk6-jre - RaGEZONE Forums

In the next prompt, select MySQL 5.7 server and click OK.

The next prompt selects MySQL5.7 by default. Choose the last option Ok and click OK

Update MySQL Repository:

Code:
apt update

Before Installing MySQL 5.7 you need to run this command:
Code:
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 467B942D3A79BD29
sudo apt update

install MySQL 5.7 client, MySQL 5.7 server with the below command:

Code:
sudo apt install -f mysql-client=5.7* mysql-community-server=5.7* mysql-server=5.7*

Hit the y key to start installation of MySQL 5.7 on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS
Enter and re-enter root password:

Phpmyadmin Installation
before anything else, you need to make sure that you've installed php5.6-mysql using the command below:
Code:
apt install php5.6-mysql
we also need to install composer
Code:
apt install composer
Install phpmyadmin using the following command on your default www directory
Code:
composer create-project phpmyadmin/phpmyadmin
Installing openjdk6-jre
download this file and upload it somewhere that you can access ( I like to make a temp folder on my /home directory )

now you need to install the .deb file containing java using the command below (make sure you're at the directory where the file is located):
Code:
apt install ./zulu6.22.0.3-jdk6.0.119-linux_amd64.deb

and you're done.

Final Notes:
I hope these tutorials will help aspiring Developers. if you need more tutorials, feel free to ask me and I just might have the time to post them here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back