Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Debug console commands aren't working..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi Guys! Im using the v69 files.. and I already set the element_client in the configs.pck file..

That's how it should be:
console = 0

And it's working properly.. the console window appears in game but whatever command I run do not work.

I already tried d_showpos , d_gfx, exit, and a lot of them but none works.

It's pretty weird cuz it already worked some time ago..

@
Extra question..

I'm not able to get the ID roles in order to edit XML of my characters... It says it can't connect.. I tried 2 iwebs (343's iweb and another one).. I clicked to see the role list, but it didn't show any role.

It was working fine before... I don't know if that's because I'm using a different authd or something...

Thanks in advance.

Reaction score
You shouldn't have to edit anything for console, provided you start the client like this:

"elementclient.exe game:cpw console:1"

Start the client like that and you can use the console in official PWi !

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I already put that . As I wrote , it's opening perfectly, but the commands do not work.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
What can that be ,then? :(

Is than an issue with the new v69 files?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Awh okay then, dont worry. I'll try to solve this problem by myself

Upvote 0
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hi Guys! Im using the v69 files.. and I already set the element_client in the configs.pck file..

That's how it should be:
console = 0

And it's working properly.. the console window appears in game but whatever command I run do not work.

@
Extra question..

I'm not able to get the ID roles in order to edit XML of my characters... It says it can't connect.. I tried 2 iwebs (343's iweb and another one).. I clicked to see the role list, but it didn't show any role.

It was working fine before... I don't know if that's because I'm using a different authd or something...

Thanks in advance.

really?? in mine is working,

Upvote 0
Reaction score

That's how it should be:
console = 0

debug_command_mode = 0 or 1

Upvote 0
Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
That flag can be set to 0 and it will still work if the account is a GM. matter of fact, you want to make sure that is set to 0, if not anybody that knows how to start client in dev mode can seriously mess your server up badly. I have seen some servers go to terrible messes because of this.

Upvote 0
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with changing it to "1" for testing purposes though (I didn't say set it to 1 for a production server). Although you are most likely correct, seeing as I've never had a problem with "dev_console" even when set to "0"

Upvote 0
Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Yeh, some people will forget tho, that's why I usually advice against it. But either way should work ^_^

Upvote 0
Back