Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Debugging Source

mpy

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi guys,
How are you doing? Hope great.
I'm learning about the Mu source files and i have a question, i spent a while try to figure it out but still didnt understand.
In the image below i understand that it's how the packet will be sent to login into select character, but i didnt understand what that hex value means ... could anyone explain?
When i set PROTECT_STATE_PREMIUM = 1 i got freeze after login, but when turns off i can login normally.

Another question , i try to modify my building output to debug but when i did a lot of files with .obj came together , which is the best way to debug ?

HexaWorks - Debugging Source - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
In your case, the JoinServer will accept a different packet header if the PROTECT_STATE_PREMIUM is enabled, but only if the JoinServer is configured/coded to work with that header. PROTECT_STATE_PREMIUM is a custom thing made by the developer of your server files source code.

The problem about your frozen client is that 0x6D packet header is not recognized by your current JoinServer application so it would be stuck there. JoinServer should throw an error message or something when the packet is not processed.

The best way to debug is by breakpointing and adding watches for variables that you are interested in. Also doing a step by step run would help a lot so you won't put hundreds of breakpoints.

The .obj files are used like fragments of code which will be compiled to binary and linked and assembled in the end to generate the final executable. Every .cpp file will have its .obj because this will help you to not compile the entire project when you change one thing. (except if there's a precompiled header in your project, and in MU source codes 100% there's one).

Reactions: mpy
Upvote 0

mpy

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Thanks a lot, I'm starting to understand the files.

I'm having a little doubt ..
How do i setup the files to debugging GameServer? When i mark the breakpoints and start debug the gameserver still in Standby mode , but as i show in the video , when i launched without debug works perfectly.
Where i'm doing wrong?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back