Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Deploy Xampp for Linux

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Greetings to all...

I want to deploy sir john_d Cabal Toolz on CentOS(Linux) Platform

I'm not much familiar to Xampp for Linux
after deployement of frontend and backend
i can now browse the site but i wasnt able to connect
SQL 2000 Database. (My SQL if from different box/machine in the network)

can anyone know how to connect the SQL to Xampp linux.

thank you.

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Almost no configureation is needed with xampp, that's the whole point of it. I would suggest disabling the mssql extensions in your php.ini and installing freetds instead though as the native mssql support in php is not nearly as good as freetds.

I will admit that i have not tested this though and i would have expected it to work as it is. I have the backend running on a windows xampp box and that is what i did to get it working but i would have thought the unixodbc driver you installed as part of the cabal server install would have done it.

Upvote 0
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
if ur running cabal on linux.. obviously u would have install unixodbc and freetds... so what so hard about about reusing the cabal freetds connection for the website lolz

Upvote 0
The Cat in the Hat
Legend
Reaction score
I should have watched my mouth and not said/talked poop to DeadlyData telling him things like your are not welcome here because then I become the one who is truly not welcome here.

Upvote 0
Back