Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[DEV] Risk Your Life server

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok here we go som1 posted the link to the server files and it looks real this time . Few people are on it now to see if we can get them to work and so on . So if you are intrested in helping out to make an guide and so on on how to setup your welcome to do so .

Link to filedir thanx to hendry0884

Direct link to server files thanx to Smo

An other dir there i have found might be usefull

So no questions on how to setup and that kind of things becose we dunno YET . Only relevant info if u have please post it here .

As far as i can figure out it is for TW client 542 so i need to download clients now as well to test things and so on .

Ok litle more info the client to use is the one that KARTEFANT/HUMAN and MERKHADIAN/AKKAN started apart i belive . In my opinion the best ryl version ever :) at least as far as i can see it for now

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Below is a link to download the tw client and patches.

ryl.com.tw/download/download01.asp

I can't seem to get the RylGameServer, RylChatServer, and the RylUIDServer to run.
If you're able to, would u mind posting the settings u have? I'm not sure how we're supposed
to know what database name to use...

Let me know if you've gotten further than me, lol.

EDIT!! I'm totally stupid.. I didn't extract everything.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
As it looks now there still are some files missing some .cpp files if i have it right . So if anyone else get them to work than please post how u did it here :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok, there's not much else I can do at this time without the needed source files. And I'm not a coder, so I can't make them even if I could reverse engineer. lol I went ahead and made a txt file with the needed files and the corresponding app that calls for it. Below is a link to it.

Until I post 5 or more posts, you guys will have to copy and paste the links lol. heh.

geocities.com/dade_murphy81/needed_app_calls.txt

I'm kinda curious what that file is: rylindo.com/download/temp/dodolook.rar
Also kinda scared to see at the same time, but I'm downloading it now. Who knows, it might contain the source files.. CROSSES FINGERS

LMAO ok.. I'm not sure what to think about the contents of dodolook.rar, but it's definately not pertaining to RYL. hahaha

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
cant download

trashman said:
Ok here we go som1 posted the link to the server files and it looks real this time . Few people are on it now to see if we can get them to work and so on . So if you are intrested in helping out to make an guide and so on on how to setup your welcome to do so .

Link to filedir thanx to hendry0884

Direct link to server files thanx to Smo

An other dir there i have found might be usefull

So no questions on how to setup and that kind of things becose we dunno YET . Only relevant info if u have please post it here .

As far as i can figure out it is for TW client 542 so i need to download clients now as well to test things and so on .

Ok litle more info the client to use is the one that KARTEFANT/HUMAN and MERKHADIAN/AKKAN started apart i belive . In my opinion the best ryl version ever :) at least as far as i can see it for now

links to server files doesnt work, anyone who has the server files please post i want to try and make it work please upload thanks! GM Kathy of arch game center!!!

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

and ryl2.com.my is free to play.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
blah...
Actually i think thad Server FIles is Standing on aSQL base..
so i thinking thad thad the Server can be Runned by the Same way like MUOnline...
(no so Same but Kinda Same :p)
if i right so we need to do DNS Systems in the Comp.. and i dont know what DNS to do..
blah we need someone Expert in thad....

Edit:
i found some things maybe it will help..

# NATION
Nation = TAIWAN

# AdminServer Info
UsingPort = 10201
ServerChannel = 1

# AdminTool DB Info
AdministratorTool_DBServer = 192.168.254.8
AdministratorTool_DBName = AdminTool
AdministratorTool_DBAccount = admintool
AdministratorTool_DBPass = 9mozart9

# AgentServer Info

#ServerGroupName5 = Aquila
#AgentServerAddress5 = 192.168.254.8
#AgentDBServer5 = 192.168.254.8
#AgentDBName5 = CROSS
#AgentDBAccount5 = gamedb2
#AgentDBPass5 = 298guuakk16tx

ServerGroupName5 = IndoPart1Test
AgentServerAddress5 = 192.168.254.8
AgentDBServer5 = 192.168.254.8
AgentDBName5 = PART1DB
AgentDBAccount5 = PART1DB
AgentDBPass5 = 9mozart9

MORE SOMTHING:

[CONNECTION]

// ManageServerIP :

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Delete me please.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I dint c the DB files of 100mb there if i had i sertanly would have downloaded it

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I think RYL Server uses "SQLite" DB, not mssql.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
my friend says thad he seen the DB files and he started download and theu deleted..
ohh SQLite?
Why the Fu*k u thinking like thad?! @_@
i tryed and i even cant open properly the links (GameServer, LoginServer ........)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sould be nice if an pro looked to what we got so far and if we missed things out if it is fixxeble that is the first thing that need to be done i geus .

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I was wrong in my assumption before, - only the Manager Server uses an SQLite DB. The Rest uses Oracle DB.

Also, I have setup the files and made a partial DB - howerver we are missing several server files. :( Its very incomplete

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
That suxx but can it be done can people make them work im not an coder so i realy dunno what to do i only want to help out thats why i started this topic so we could get some help with it to get them working that sould be nice .

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ehm...you guyz should start working on 127.0.0.1 :p that's what i did..i'm downloading client now 2 check if the server works. i edited config, edited all IP's into the local IP.

on the RylManageTool it show that the server is running and all...just need 2 check it now :) if it works i'll start editing some poop :)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I still think it needs an db of somekind for the accounts so the server might work but u cant create accounts at least thats what im thinking but when it works for u please tell us what u did and so on so we can go further :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
actually, u got all the DB you need.. those files don't use some sort of SQL or something like that.. you got planty of softwares that makes the acc and poop there...if you'll check
2005.03.03_TW_v542_Server\Release\Script\Server dir, you'll see a file that's called "accounts". in that file the accounts are saved.
there's directories for items and skills and poop.. you don't need any DB.

all i did was getting in 2004.09.06_managetool dir and i combined files ID's...after that you need to start the server files... (in release dir).
that's my problem now cause there's some files that dosen't open...i fixed one of them (ryllogin) but the game server, chat server UID and Auth still won't load..they just pop for a sec and disappear again without working... i'm still working on fixing 'em. after i will i'll upload the files so you can use 'em too.

so long for now ;)

btw, my MSN is bman11@walla.co.il

i'll be very happy if some C++ ppl will add me and help me cause i kinda suck in this.. :)

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
To everyone who belives they don't use a sql database.

The files require a dabase.. most likly SQL. I was hex editing and looking throught out the files.. they read from tables those that are usually in a sql database. Want to believe other wise? Go ahead. Yes it does put ids of newly registered accounts into a text file.. so what.

So who ever didn't grab the db when you had the chance Good job. :)

This might help with file associations if you don't know what text file goes with what:

Code:
#This will help determine what the text files associate with#
#Nick AKA Vexus#

RylAuthServer.exe:
/script/server/masterpass.txt
/script/server/AdminUID.txt
/script/server/WordFilter.txt
/script/server/Abuse.txt
/script/server/Account.txt
/script/game/Chemical.txt
/script/game/BGItemScript.txt
/script/game/ItemScript.txt
/script/game/SkillScript.txt
/script/game/VirtualAreaScript.txt
/script/game/MonsterProtoType.txt
/script/game/LotteryEvent.txt

RylChatServer.exe:
/script/server/ChatServerConfig.txt

RylDBAgentServer.exe:
(makes C:\ErrorLog.txt & C:\WarnLog.txt)

RylGameServer.exe:
/script/game/safetyzone/Zone#.bgm
/script/game/arrangement/Arrangement#.txt
/script/game/SkillScript.txt
/script/game/Chemical.txt
/script/game/BGItemScript.txt
/script/game/ItemScript.txt
/script/server/ServerIP.txt
/script/server/ServerGroup.txt
/script/game/MonsterProtoType.txt
/script/game/LotteryEvent.txt
/script/game/Dummies/
/script/game/VirtualAreaScript.txt

RylLoginServer.exe:
/script/server/ServerIP.txt
/script/server/ServerGroup.txt
/script/server/PreConnectIPList.txt

RylUIDServer.exe:

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
btw peeps, we're building up a team right now to work on that project.
we'll build mirc and channel and stuff and get to work on it.

nick - stop being lazy and do the demon setup already :p :p

nighty night ;)

Back