• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Development] Priston Tale 2 Sniffer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff member
Reaction score
I recently just finished the sniffer for PT2 so we can try to make an emulator for it. I still dont have the encryption/decryption methods, so I hope someone will help me here if interested.

What do I need to help?

1 - Download the game: Priston Tale 2 - Free MMORPG - Download (Both client full and the patch)
2 - Then create an account
3 - Download OllyDbg (ollydbg.de)
4 - Download the unpacked PT2 "game" executable with NoXtrap from here: PT2
(the game is already edited to load my dll to sniff the packets.)

It will only run with olly, so you need to run it from there. I don't know why but it gives a lot of exceptions that you should add to the ignore exceptions list of Olly so it can run just fine.

Also, you need to set the command line arguments to: -CONNECT="70.28.13.108:7300" -LE , there is also a -SEED parameter, but if omitted I still can login fine, so IDK if it is really necessary.

My dll can be downloaded here: PT2Hook

Also, the original unpacked client can be found in this thread: https://forum.ragezone.com/f860/unpacking-themida-v2-1086426/ (many thanks :): )

It will create a folder called "PT2_Packets" inside your C:\ directory, so be sure to run it with enough privileges. If you think my dll is a virus, you can compile it yourself. (in the spoiler tags you can find the source, im sorry but Im not used to GitHub :(: )

DllMain.cpp

Logging.cpp

Stdafx.cpp
there is nothing in this file, only an #include for the stdafx.h

Stdafx.h

Logging.h

Here is a screenshot of it doing its job:
SheenBR - [Development] Priston Tale 2 Sniffer - RaGEZONE Forums

So thats it, I just needed some help to understand the packet structures and where are the encryption/decryption methods in this game. If anyone is interested, please post here! Let's share the work ^_^

Staff member
Reaction score
Me and my friend managed to decrypt some client files already. Text files for translation and what I think is some Unreal Engine class files, they have the *.p extension and was encrypted with somekind of XOR encryption based on a Key array. We are still looking for the packets encryption, if ayone out there wants to help us...

Engine.p
simulated function ClientWeaponSet(bool bPossiblySwitch)

{

local int Mode;

Instigator = Pawn(Owner);

bPendingSwitch = bPossiblySwitch;

if( Instigator == None )

{

GotoState('PendingClientWeaponSet');

return;

}

for( Mode = 0; Mode < NUM_FIRE_MODES; Mode++ )

{

if( FireModeClass[Mode] != None )

{

// laurent -- added check for vehicles (ammo not replicated but unlimited)

if( ( FireMode[Mode] == None ) || ( FireMode[Mode].AmmoClass != None ) && !bNoAmmoInstances && Ammo[Mode] == None && FireMode[Mode].AmmoPerFire > 0 )

{

GotoState('PendingClientWeaponSet');

return;

}

}

FireMode[Mode].Instigator = Instigator;

FireMode[Mode].Level = Level;

}

ClientState = WS_Hidden;

GotoState('Hidden');

if( Level.NetMode == NM_DedicatedServer || !Instigator.IsHumanControlled() )

return;

if( Instigator.Weapon == self || Instigator.PendingWeapon == self ) // this weapon was switched to while waiting for replication, switch to it now

{

if (Instigator.PendingWeapon != None)

Instigator.ChangedWeapon();

else

BringUp();

return;

}

if( Instigator.PendingWeapon != None && Instigator.PendingWeapon.bForceSwitch )

return;

if( Instigator.Weapon == None )

{

Instigator.PendingWeapon = self;

Instigator.ChangedWeapon();

}

else if ( bPossiblySwitch && !Instigator.Weapon.IsFiring() )

{

if ( PlayerController(Instigator.Controller) != None && PlayerController(Instigator.Controller).bNeverSwitchOnPickup )

return;

if ( Instigator.PendingWeapon != None )

{

if ( RateSelf() > Instigator.PendingWeapon.RateSelf() )

{

Instigator.Weapon.PutDown();

}

}

else if ( RateSelf() > Instigator.Weapon.RateSelf() )

{

Instigator.Weapon.PutDown();

}

}

}

// jdf ---

simulated function ClientPlayForceFeedback( String EffectName )

{

local PlayerController PC;

PC = PlayerController(Instigator.Controller);

if ( PC != None && PC.bEnableWeaponForceFeedback )

{

PC.ClientPlayForceFeedback( EffectName );

}

}

simulated function StopForceFeedback( String EffectName )

{

local PlayerController PC;

PC = PlayerController(Instigator.Controller);

if ( PC != None && PC.bEnableWeaponForceFeedback )

{

PC.StopForceFeedback( EffectName );

}

}

If you have any idea what this is... let me know :): I wont be releasing anything for now since I still have no feedback from anyone...

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Glad to see someone working on a game so good, however it was abandoned by the developer :/ , but if we have the files, we can create our own content, since it uses the Unreal engine :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back