Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

different .smb data?

drz

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello community,

i'm trying to load PT models (smd, smb, inx) data in my graphics engine and it works fine for the most of the models (monsters). But some of the smb data (characters m1.smb, m2.smb etc) appear to be buggy and draw broken animations. Does anyone know if there are different versions of the files smb data or different smb data structures?

working animation idle
ani_01 - different .smb data? - RaGEZONE Forums

no working animtion
ani_02 - different .smb data? - RaGEZONE Forums

Sorry for bad english & and thanks for any help.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
wow, those npcs are TINY on the map haha.

But as we have no idea what engine you are using, what formats it uses. I doubt anyone can help atm.

The main smd/smb converter is sandurrs creation here: http://forum.ragezone.com/f399/sandurrs-smd-converter-736316/

You can export the animation file bones from the smb files with this tool to *.ASE format. Not sure if this helps...

Thoes m1/m2/m4.smb files are all the characters animation skills/walk/everything in one, a lot more complex than the monsters animation files. You are beter of working with the simpler m1-motion which usually just contain 1 motion.

Upvote 0

drz

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello SunnyZ. Please do not laugh about my tiny npcs. I forgot to feed them. ;)

I'm using my own graphic engine and load the smd, smb files based on Sandurrs converter. The problem is, that the most model-animations works fine, but some of them like doral-skin-temp.smb or m1.smb seem to have another keyframe format.

I read the the needed smb from the .inx data, so i can't switch to m1-motion_xx.smb.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
firstly, congratulation for this =D....
someone make a new game with a base of PT, it's special *-*
still that anyone didn't make a great job like this ( you deciphered my sentence ),
anyway, the .inx converter, have by Sandurr, Jaymoko and Ole.
i recommend you find Ole... Sandurr and Jaymoko don't more attend here.
Hugs =)

Upvote 0

drz

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This is less a game than a more a model viewer. But the animtion of some models are really crazy, maybe i read the animations data wrong. I'm already read the inx files (at least most of it) but i dont think the error is there.

Sorry for bad english

Upvote 0

drz

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks bocadecao,

the animtions in the motion files works correctly. I will use these files to compare to find the error. Thanks

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
the smd reader isn't perfect, it wont convert properly for all files. especially for m1.smb to m5.smb

got skype? please PM

Upvote 0

drz

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've found the error with m_xx.smb. There are different sub animation sets wich wont parse by my smd parser. These different animation sets are marked by key frames with same time-key in the smb files and a SubAnimationID in the .inx files. I'm try to fix this currently.

Sorry for bad english & and thanks for help. :)

Upvote 0
Back