Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Drowning

Smoke & Fly
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nexon has released so many things in the past few months, it's rumored that they are trying to surpass the creativity of Private server owners. I don't think that's true, for more than one reason, but enough about that. All these new things, i'm drowning in them. There are 4 classes* now, more and more areas are being added, over 500 items were added, and there's more where that came from.

To get to my point... Are there people that agree with me? Is nexon adding too much stuff at once?
Discuss.

*4 classes, as in Aran, Evan, Cygnus and Adventurers. (idk if u call that classes, w/e.)

Last edited:
Elite Diviner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well Kar <3, I guess this thread have not really much points. ^^

Smoke & Fly
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well Kar <3, I guess this thread have not really much points. ^^
Yea, i figured. It's still a legit discussion though, plus i'm actually interested.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well I think Nexon have seen that they lose people. So now their trying to get people back with adding new classes and items. If I have been them I would have waited to v1 with the new class.

So yeah I think their adding to much to fast.

Whats going to happen when they don't have more to add into the game?

Smoke & Fly
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well I think Nexon have seen that they lose people. So now their trying to get people back with adding new classes and items. If I have been them I would have waited to v1 with the new class.

So yeah I think their adding to much to fast.

Whats going to happen when they don't have more to add into the game?
They're gonna make it 3d, who knows.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
They're gonna make it 3d, who knows.

Making Maple 3D will destroy the game. I think they will lose a lot of players. You can find many 3D games online, but the good 2D games are harder to find

bleh....
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yes, they are trying to surpass the creativity of Private servers. We were the first to introduce Stat Resets without NX. Now, every character you make in GMS gets a stat reset at level 10. We were the first to introduce families (red family, blue family, or other names). Nexon introduces their Family system. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they do release Rebirths for NX. I mean... if you think about it, 6 characters to an account. You reach level 200 on all characters, what left do you have to accomplish on that account? Not much, thus it likely becomes a dead account, only logged on to chat with friends. Yes, they are adding things too fast, as far as the jobs go. I believe Aran/Evan are classified as "Heros". They will probably open a 3D game in the future, as an off branch of MapleStory (MapleStory 2?) for people that would like an added twist to the game, but it would probably be very similar to Dragonica.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nexon has released so many things in the past few months, it's rumored that they are trying to surpass the creativity of Private server owners. I don't think that's true, for more than one reason, but enough about that. All these new things, i'm drowning in them. There are 4 classes* now, more and more areas are being added, over 500 items were added, and there's more where that came from.

To get to my point... Are there people that agree with me? Is nexon adding too much stuff at once?
Discuss.

*4 classes, as in Aran, Evan, Cygnus and Adventurers. (idk if u call that classes, w/e.)
Isn't this something good? It was probably the only thing the players out there wanted a year ago. Many people complained and complained how other Global servers were releasing a lot of features. Lets appreciate the moment and that it remains.

may web.very maple.pls.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i went to nexon shortly and i find this out
not sure if they copying Private server just saying
look:
Stat Rings
Rings that add character stats.
Examples: Aura Ring
Source:

we had this a long time ago o_O..

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
No.
Take a look at Korean MapleStory -
It still has loads of players online daily, along with constant updates.
Hell, there doing better than ever.

Smoke & Fly
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Eastern asia is a different story. 99% of the games are made or produced there.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
seriously i agree :D maplestory is one of the most updated games i have ever played o.0 and most of the ideas i saw on ragezone long time ago.... anyway this is quite positive seriously cause if we do the ideas and nexon add em.. i think i myself would even quit private servers and flock back to their servers.. but yeah. private server are still unique in a way lol :D

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well congratulations to Nexon, they've surpassed our private servers. Can they Ducking leave us alone now..

Smoke & Fly
Loyal Member
Reaction score
They will ajust the level curve again, or add hyper uber epic awesome training spots.
That's what's next.

Elite Diviner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Yes, they are trying to surpass the creativity of Private servers. We were the first to introduce Stat Resets without NX. Now, every character you make in GMS gets a stat reset at level 10. We were the first to introduce families (red family, blue family, or other names). Nexon introduces their Family system. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they do release Rebirths for NX. I mean... if you think about it, 6 characters to an account. You reach level 200 on all characters, what left do you have to accomplish on that account? Not much, thus it likely becomes a dead account, only logged on to chat with friends. Yes, they are adding things too fast, as far as the jobs go. I believe Aran/Evan are classified as "Heros". They will probably open a 3D game in the future, as an off branch of MapleStory (MapleStory 2?) for people that would like an added twist to the game, but it would probably be very similar to Dragonica.

They copy my boss thing by level :'( or they just get it from someone else (don't hear of it on others serves before).

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Isn't this something good? It was probably the only thing the players out there wanted a year ago. Many people complained and complained how other Global servers were releasing a lot of features. Lets appreciate the moment and that it remains.

How is it a good thing? The only updates for players that don't want to spend money buying nx is simply the new classes. Each of which gets boring insanely fast. If nexon wanted to make gameplay better, then they should make nx something additional instead of needing it for certain things i.e. amoria party quest.

As far as originality goes. I'm actually surprised that maplestory actually manages to pull poop out of their arses. Maplestory has gotten to every, or almost every pop culture phrase out there. But i really don't see why you guys criticize them, why don't you think of something "original", something which the likes of maplestory or the web has seen. It's harder then it sounds.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Its apparent that Nexon is trying to move quicker than private servers, if anything they should thank us for pushing them to getting off their asses and working to a higher level than they were before hehe.

Skilled Illusionist
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If they can't get rid of them, they just have to make theirs better than them.

Back