Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

DVD Drive won't detect or burn dvds

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
As title says, it won't. It's more of a generic drive, manufactured in China, it came with my barebones set, which I bought from geeks.com
Haalpz please?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I did the other drive worked. But that one wasn't mine. The cables are all good and the drive detects cds and can burn them, just not dvds.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
/Jumps on the boat

People told me it was somekinda cable issue so I changed the cable no changes at all.
Also tried to update the driver but didnt work aswell :(

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
im in the same boat as ninjaway - my drive just stopped working - kinda makes a weird butt noise trying to load discs

Right, thats the exact same thing I get. I'm probably gonna buy a sata dual layer drive next, they run for about 30 Dollars, and they're faster than these cheap generic versions, I'll probably find one by Samsung.

/Jumps on the boat

People told me it was somekinda cable issue so I changed the cable no changes at all.

Also tried to update the driver but didnt work aswell :(

I doubt it's the cable, and I can't find drivers.

Gold
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I got that, i got a new computer, lol.

Gold
Loyal Member
Reaction score
It's most likely your laser then, because I'm in the same situation as you are.
Do you know if you wrap a piece of paper round your PS2 laser you can play games that usually need the console to be chipped.

There's no RL just AFK
Loyal Member
Reaction score
My friend had this problem also, the only solution i came to was installing a new DVD drive for him, works now ^^

Reaction score
Do you know if you wrap a piece of paper round your PS2 laser you can play games that usually need the console to be chipped.

Do you know the laser is what reads the information from the disk? How exactly are you going to read a CD when the thing which reads it has been covered?

As with these Cd / DVD drives, like i said, try them on another computer and if it doesn't work, its dead. They do go dead quite easily, especially if you are regularly writing CD's / DVD's at max speed (which you should never do due to data corruption).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Make sure it's a dvd drive and not a cd, you might of got ripped.

:) Just a suggestion

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
One broken DVD RW drive, buy a new one.
How much are they now,

Back