• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

E7400 vs OpteronTM 1352

Reaction score
quad core OpteronTM 1352 vs 1 x Core2Duo E7400 2.80 ghz 1066 Mhz FSB 3 MB l2 Cache

i am not so good in hardware yet.

i know that we have one dual core and one quad but i do not have details for opteron,

i want to use one of them for a server actions..

which shall i use?

Reaction score
Intel Core2Duo E7400:
AMD Opteron 1352:

If you would ask me, i would say that the E7400 is more for gaming, and day-to-day usage. AMD Opteron for a workstation/server/hosting. E7400 uses 45mn technoligy, which is great since it won't be usage a lot of power (65W). AMD Opteron is a more powerful processor (quad-core), having 65mn technology (75W). E7400 has a stock speed of 2.8Ghz per core, which is decent, but AMD Opteron has a 2.1Ghz per core, and has 4 cores.

That is basically about double the rates, because AMD tends to have a higher speed, and AMD has a lower speed, but they both usually match up upon release comparison. The reason for it is being the bus speeds and the cache sizes, AMD usually has a much high speed than the convention Intel's 1066Mhz. Both products are equally trusted for stability. Not that this is something to choose from, but usually Intel's are used for gaming and AMD's for hosting. They can both be used for gaming and hosting obviously though.

To sum it up: use the Opteron if you going to use it for hosting, because most games don't support quad cores so you can't really the feel the game when it's running in all 4 cores, rather than just 1 or 2.

Reaction score
For server work, always go with AMD (excluding the newest Nelaham based server chips from Intel). They are much better suited for large work load environments. This is because they have a built in memory controller allowing for much greater system bandwidth.

NoPeace - out

Back