Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Errors in Silkroad.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello guys,
First of all i want to say that i really like this forum. I had an account here but i forgot it since i didnt used it in 2 moths, but i decided to create another one.
I play silkroad for a long time and now i would like to share with you guys a few things that i learned in this game. I made up a list with some errors and how they can be fixed. I hope that they are usefull to you guys.

1. Runtime Visual C Error

- Download Microsoft Directx 9.0c to the latest version.
- Download Microsoft SDK to the latest version.
- Make sure you unzip the program to it’s own individual folder for install.
- All microsoft programs can be found on
- ANY QUESTIONS ON DIRECTX PLEASE VISIT MICROSOFT.COM

2. Server Inspection Error

- Confirm in the News section if the Server is Under Inspection or not.
- Permit sro_client.exe, silkroad.exe, gameguard to access the internet via your Firewall.
*IF YOU HAVE RE-INSTALLED THE GAME YOU WILL REQUIRE TO REFRESH YOUR PROGRAM ALLOW LIST. *UNINSTALLING THE GAME DOES NOT FIX THIS ERROR

3. A¢¼O ½CÆÐ9 Error / C9 Error

This error occurs when the client cannot connect to the agent server.
This happens most commonly when your firewall program does not allow access to Silkroad,
or interferes with the running of the Silkroad client.
Please check your firewall settings. If you do not have a personal firewall program installed,
it may be a firewall program used by your ISP Internet Service Provider.
Please contact your ISP service. If you are using a router with a firewall, you need to configure your firewall settings to allow Silkroad.
- Check firewall settings.
- sro_client.exe, silkroad.exe must all be permitted to access the internet.

4. Updating Graphic Driver

- How do I know what Graphic card I have?
Goto Start, run. Type in “dxdiag” and press ok.
Click on the Display tab and it will show you the name/manufacture of your display device.
Visit the manufacturer’s website according to which graphic card you own.

5. Message String Error / Error Code 04 / Client damaged or Corrupted

This happens when the game client is damaged. Please re-download the latest version of Silkroad and start the game again.

6. Windows Vista Compatibility

-INSTALLATION: Download the client. Right click on the setup.exe file. Select “Run as Administrator”. Select “Allow”.
-Updating the game/ Starting the game: Right click on the shortcut for sro.exe. Select “Run as Administrator”. Select “Allow”.
-Make a shortcut and select Properties-Compatibility. Click on the check box saying Run this program in compatibility mode for and select Windows XP
Service Pack 2 and press Apply button.

7. C10 Error

The C10 occurs when a connection is already open to your IP address and TCP port.
If rebooting your computer didn’t fix it, try rebooting your router.
If that doesn’t help, a NAT router in your ISPs network may be responsible.
Submit a bug report with your character and server name, and explain that your connection remains open.

8. The start button isn’t showing up. What do I do?

Simply close and re-launch the client, and it should fix the problem.

9. Common Install Errors

PLEASE WAIT You must wait until the install button appear or an error. This process can take anywhere from 1-10 minutes depending on your PC specs. Cannot install the game after Europe Update Before you install the game, make sure you have an internet connection. If you are using Windows XP and have a Firewall active, disable your firewall during installation. Or of you are using Zonealarm or McAfee etc etc just grant the setup access to the internet. Make sure that when you start the client you don`t have hamachi or garena instaled (they must be uninstaled). If you are using Windows Vista, right click on the setup and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR and press ALLOW. Silkroad has encountered a problem and needs to close. If you “Encounter a problem and Silkroad needs to close” make sure you have at least 5GB hard disk space available on your C drive.

10. C7 Error

This error is blocking your IP from the server so the easiest and simplest way to bypass it is to change the IP. That is an easy task for those that have dynamic IP. If you don’t have dynamic IP you will need a program that does that for you using a proxy system. There are few program over the internet such as: HOTspot Shield, PROxpn, etc.

† Working in Secret †
Reaction score
5. Message String Error / Error Code 04 / Client damaged or Corrupted

This happens when the game client is damaged. Please re-download the latest version of Silkroad and start the game again.
Error Code 04 = Its when the GatewayServer.exe where the files are donwloading was stoped, Closed or Shutdown. :sleep:

Back