Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Errow while connecting to realm

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hello u guys,
i've been setting up some wow server lately and after some research i believe that mangos was the easiest and best one to use..
now i've been installing mangos and it's all working fine... i can connect myself and play the game BUT...
a friend of mine connects his laptop with mine through a lan cable (so Laptop ---> Laptop) no routers or whatever between so we can play..
BUT after he logs into the authentication screen it askes us to choose a realm the PVP, PVVP blablabla stuff where you sellect the game type.. after selecting for example PVP it tries to connect to the realm, there it halts and askus us which realm we want to connect to.. we DO get to see the realm i've setted up but when trying to connect it says 'Logging into Realm', and after 5 secs or less it halts and we get the choose realm screen again...
now we've been trying allot of things and also searched the forum but couldn't really find anything which could help us..

ive made a screenshot for more information..
hope one of u guys can help...

grtz,

Rik

LiLDeViL2 - Errow while connecting to realm - RaGEZONE Forums

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Make sure that the server is configured to YOUR IP, not 127.0.0.1. You can get your IP address by typing ipconfig in a command prompt window.
Start button -> Run... -> type "cmd" -> type "ipconfig"

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
hmmms yea okay thought of that one, but now ive got this small problem ;p @ school we've got a dynamic lan ip.. saying that my ip changes every day... 192.168.1.74 then 88 then 93 for examplee..
this the only way? meaning that i've got to edit my ip every day...

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
No, just right-click on the network connection and manually set your IP. That way, it will stay the same day in and day out.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
okay then that's what we gonna try.. last question.. can it have anything to do with the ports? i anit got a router or firewalls @ my pc.. maybe im missing something..?
+ which are the ports that should be open to play wow? (jst in case) i tought 3306 ?..

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
If you have no router or firewall, it won't be a problem. The port you need open for MangOS is the one that the realmd uses (can't remember off-hand).

Back