Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Eternity Tools Development

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello, I'm in a development phase of adding Eternity File new structure support on old Eternity Tools.

What I've achieved so far is,

1. Added Version 6 support to EtActionTool but still export/save it to Version 5 since 3618 server doesn't support Version 6 Act Files.

2. Added new file structure support of read and write on EventAreaInfo.ini for EtWorldPainter. It can read the old and new file structure and save it to the new structure.

3. Added new file structure support of only read on PropInfo.ini for EtWorldPainter. This I'm having some issues,

3a. First it can read old structure including the custom parameter with no issue, however it can't read new structure's custom parameter (it seems to read on different memory block for this one), only for Light.skn apparently (since the code embedded into the client)
3b. I've tried to make it save to the new structure but I ran into some problem, the custom parameter and it seems like the parameter is different(?) from old structure and new structure.

4. Trying to understand the Water.ini files structure to be able to write the support code on this one. [UPDATED]

5. EtEffectTool can be use even with the current build, so I skipped this except just changed few Korean to English translation.

If you guys have any insight on the problem that I've faced, I could use some help on understanding these type of files.

If you have something that can't be discuss in this forum, feel free to contact me through discord at Manity#6969

UPDATE 1: Fixed the code block on reading PropInfo.ini, now it can read old and new parameter with no issues. Added support on writing the PropInfo.ini on new structure.

UPDATE 2: I noticed that in order to make the EtEffectTool work, you'd have to fix some code issue and that's what I did. The Effect tool now shows the effect and can change the colour in real time for .eff and .ptc files.

UPDATE 3: It's been a while since I update the source code. Added a functionality on several EtActionTool signal to support hotkey on changing position, still working on hotkey to change the direction/rotation since that requires to tweak some EtMath Vector. Tried working on adding support of new structure for Water.ini but I didn't quite understand the file structure yet to add it. Also added new Shader FX support on EtViewer to be able to edit new .skn file, added several new signal parameters for EtAction as well.

UPDATE 4: Finally, last update on EtWorldPainter. Supported the latest version of Water.ini. Finally understand how this works and be able to integrate it into the tool. And updated the all of the tools to v143 toolset for vcpkg supports cause of new Eternity File Encryption on KR update.

UPDATE 5: It's been a while since I had development update. After few months of researching and testing, I managed to create an extractor for Dragon Nest Legacy/Memory.
Also managed to created own customized DN Launcher that supports several functions such as Vulkan Switch, Client-Modification Settings (zoom-out, radial blur etc), and updated to support DX11 launcher.
Lastly, a plugin for Autodesk 3DS Max that can load and export 3d models to .msh and create .skn on latest version. Also able to export animations, camera movement, and navigation. This will make importing and exporting custom 3d models and creating customized weapon easily without having to manually convert.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I like how you go public about these tools not like some guy i knew who tell me this tools is outdated and can't be used. and i would like to see how your progress is, please keep us updated on this thread! :thumbup:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
any way to get these tools?
im just made mods and.. this is hard to make them without .eff or .act editing

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
any way to get these tools?
im just made mods and.. this is hard to make them without .eff or .act editing
The source code has been shared on this forum and it has the same tools on this thread. :thumbup1:

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i try compile and can but if load eff Mesh file not found how to fix it
You can try modify the Resource file for EtEffectTool to your designated resource directory. Then open the .eff/.ptc file from that directory.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Where is the source code and why can't I see where to download it?

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
1687458358232 - Eternity Tools Development - RaGEZONE Forums

thx now my tool fix can read skn eff ptc file.

Attachments

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
1 - Eternity Tools Development - RaGEZONE Forums
2 - Eternity Tools Development - RaGEZONE Forums
4 - Eternity Tools Development - RaGEZONE Forums
nikhafif20 - Eternity Tools Development - RaGEZONE Forums
8 - Eternity Tools Development - RaGEZONE Forums

Thanks i got all working too XD

11 - Eternity Tools Development - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
How to correctly use EtActionTool?
When I try to open .act file it end up like this which is no animation review or event sequence.
1696951439271 - Eternity Tools Development - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
How to correctly use EtActionTool?
When I try to open .act file it end up like this which is no animation review or event sequence.
View attachment 243085
To load the animation that has multiple files, you can load the main .ani file. (If you're loading warrior action file, you can use warrior.ani to load all of the warrior.ani file inside it)

Also, make sure you load the .skn file to view the animation, viewing the action sequence is another subject.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I cant find the EtActionTool, the link seems to be broken. Do you mind sharing a mirror please
Edit: nvm I found it, but how can I get it updated as you mentioned on this post?

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I cant find the EtActionTool, the link seems to be broken. Do you mind sharing a mirror please
Edit: nvm I found it, but how can I get it updated as you mentioned on this post?
Someone posted an old source code on release thread, you can start updating that code to do whatever you need.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I dont have enough knowledge and time to code/learn, either way, I thought you were sharing that's why I asked, thanks (y)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
UPDATE 5: It's been a while since I had development update. After few months of researching and testing, I managed to create an extractor for Dragon Nest Legacy/Memory.
Also managed to created own customized DN Launcher that supports several functions such as Vulkan Switch, Client-Modification Settings (zoom-out, radial blur etc), and updated to support DX11 launcher.
Lastly, a plugin for Autodesk 3DS Max that can load and export 3d models to .msh and create .skn on latest version. Also able to export animations, camera movement, and navigation. This will make importing and exporting custom 3d models and creating customized weapon easily without having to manually convert.

New development update.

Back