Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[FAQ] Frequently Asked Questions

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Tibia section FAQ

1. What is Tibia?
2. How to get started?
3. Is it legal?
4. Can I change the client files?
5. How to connect to an OT server?
6. How can I setup my own server? Any tutorials available?

---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----

1. What is Tibia?
Tibia is a 2D, tile-based MMORPG with a great gameplay. You start with a character (knight, druid, sorcerer or a paladin), each character has it's own speciabilities. You then enter a small island to train yourself, when you're experienced enough you can go to the main world, there you have cities and caves...everything a MMORPG has :). You need to fight monster and trade with people to get better. More information can be found here:

Also a little better explaination then I did can be found here: http://forum.ragezone.com/f406/guide-what-tibia-374943/

2. How to get started?
A team of developers decided to make an open-source version of Tibia...they rebuild the whole game (server), and made it open-source. You can get it here:

3. Is it legal?
Yes, since the server is completely rebuild and open-source, you can use it free and legal. Though patching the client with an IP-Changer is not legal...

4. Can I change the client files?
Yes and no. They develope an open-source version for the client, but it still doesn't work very well. At the moment you have to download the official client from Tibia.com and patch it with an IP changer, this lets the client connect with costum servers.

5. How to connect to an OT server?
Simply read this extensive guide:

6. How can I setup my own server? Any tutorials available?

---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ---- ----

Any suggestions will be added.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
How do I make a GM char in the Forgotten Server 8.40? There's no accounts or players folders in the data folder.

Back