Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

FBI down under: SuperDaE raided over Durango

Jax

C# Programmer
Reaction score
Hello, a few weeks ago I posted a thread about so called "Xbox 720" Alpha known as "Durango".

Well yesterday the seller known as SuperDae was raided and they ram shacked his house trying to find the "Durango".

Here is the article that was posted on many, many xbox news and review sites.

Jax - FBI down under: SuperDaE raided over Durango - RaGEZONE Forums

On February 19th between 7:10-12:30 +8GMT, SuperDaE was busy with a house full of unwanted guests. During this 5 hour Australian household raid, DaE was forced to follow them around his house as he watched them scavenge everything technology based in his possession.

Storming into his house was 8 Police Officers, followed by one single FBI Agent. Due to suspected server breaches, multiple counts of unauthorized server access and misuse of a computer. The companies who filed these complaints were Microsoft, Epic Games, Blizzard, Valve and Sony. DaE went on to say "Yo, everyone at this point just wants a piece of me".

The raid was conducted by local law enforcement with assistance from the FBI into the home of an Australian citizen. This clearly brings up recent memories of the iconic megaupload related raid into the home New Zealand resident Kim Dotcom by the FBI.

Everything from old unused computers, to a cellphone with a specific number was taken from his house. In a world where technology is everything, they left him stranded with nothing. They even froze his bank accounts. Multiple hours after the raid happened, DaE headed into a nearby town where he accessed a computer at an Apple Store. During his time on this computer he went onto an extremely popular site, Twitter. He sent out a few tweets about the raid, which can be found below.

Jax - FBI down under: SuperDaE raided over Durango - RaGEZONE Forums

If convicted SuperDaE is looking at 20+ years with a possible consecutive life sentence. It is extremely unbelievable that "Misuse of a computer" can land you more jail time than a "Manslaughter" charge.

So what do you think?

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
Was going to post this, but too late. ;-)
20 years is a hell of a lot, and from this quote; "It is extremely unbelievable that "Misuse of a computer" can land you more jail time than a "Manslaughter" charge".

Quite shocking. I understand it's a big deal for Microsoft, but 20 years.. I don't even..

Reactions: Jax
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Microsoft is trying to compare with Apple now xP. 20+ is way to much for this. I think 5 would be enough.

Jax

C# Programmer
Reaction score
Was going to post this, but too late. ;-)
20 years is a hell of a lot, and from this quote; "It is extremely unbelievable that "Misuse of a computer" can land you more jail time than a "Manslaughter" charge".

Quite shocking. I understand it's a big deal for Microsoft, but 20 years.. I don't even..

If my house ever got raided, I'd get really annoyed with them just chucking my things everywhere, while I watch.

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Reaction score
Question is...did they find the Durango? I'm guessing they didn't because he was not locked up.

Jax

C# Programmer
Reaction score
Question is...did they find the Durango? I'm guessing they didn't because he was not locked up.

They did take quite a large amount of his assets including his PC, to try and find a source of information on where the Durango is now located, after being sold.

That's what I've read elsewhere, not sure if its entirely correct.

Back