Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Feedback: Should we add a market place for paid server content?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
i would be love if ragezone sell VPS service with a cheap price :)
This is not what this is about. We wouldn't be allowing server ads for games/hosting or of that nature, it'll be exclusively for MMO server developments. Anyone who wishes to promote a VPS service would need to do so via our ad system.

Reaction score
When you add money, you add problems.
This is to help assist problems given the reports of thousands being stolen by members outside of RZ. We will not support the sale of server files, ever - but this is to at least harbor a more meaningful approach towards safety as users will be known by reputation. If the vote is split, it won't happen, if its overwhelmingly yes then I will begin a means of facilitating it. There will be no middle man service. Plus, by doing this poll, it puts power into the hands of the community.

Staff member
Reaction score
This will encourage people to sell their stuff instead of contributing it for free. Furthermore, what stops the seller from suddenly releasing it for free after they got income from it? Or files that were leeched/stolen from someone else? What about the person selling a licensing system and suddenly killing it? Too many problems. This also won't really stop outside selling because scammers will always exist, especially when its locked behind a user group.

Reaction score
This will encourage people to sell their stuff instead of contributing it for free. Furthermore, what stops the seller from suddenly releasing it for free after they got income from it? Or files that were leeched/stolen from someone else? What about the person selling a licensing system and suddenly killing it? Too many problems. This also won't really stop outside selling because scammers will always exist, especially when its locked behind a user group.
I concur. Judging the polling, it won't happen regardless :)

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is really a good idea. We could at least bargain our own features and market it with its real value.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Not really, money is in abundance. My time and effort to engineer a solution as a software engineer isn't. I also think bounties are predatory against the educated individuals who can write code and engineer solutions to tough problems.

However, If this does become a thing, I will define my prices as per my hourly rate as a professional software engineer in industry(it's not cheap, nor should it be) + 50% for using my little bit of external free time I have.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
We walk in the shadows as it is, don't add money to it. Money attracts the wrong people, money will make things more complicated. Worst case, the actual owners of the things we are interested in will get even more anxious if money is made of what is essentially their work. Gatekeeping of content is already happening because people leech and make money of stuff. Please, don't contribute to this.

We do this either for the sake of the hobby, for gaining knowledge, or just to preserve things that have been lost. If money is added, the priorities will shift and I fear the well will be irreparably poisoned.

Shh, quiet, you might piss somebody off
Developer
Reaction score
Since you asking for an opinion, i don't think will be a good thing because trades can go wrong in so many different ways( and i know cause i traded a lot in past ) and people will eventually blame ragezone for this to happening, because X user had advertised in ragezone and this resulting in some money lost, or the seller could be scammed by chargeback in credit card companies since is very easy to call and request money back because the product is "illegal" like source codes and server files.

Last edited:
Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
On paper, the idea of selling is decent, but in practice, it's a slippery slope. If someone gets scammed outside of RZ, it's their problem for not following the rules. If scammers come onto RZ shop - it's RZ's problem. Ragezone is the last standing bastion of hope against the system of where everything is money, money, money. Please, don't do this and don't tarnish RZ's reputation.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
While I appreciate the ideas, I'm concerned about the potential problems that could arise from introducing a system involving money. It might jeopardize RZ's longstanding reputation.

"Where money flows, troubles may grow."

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
If you do a marketplace for server adds that's not a far step from server files itself. Also keeps people from releasing their content for free everyone will wanna make a quick buck.

Reaction score
I've seen this work before, and it can actually attract more activity. Just a few thoughts:

• People who are releasing things for money probably always would have the intention to do so; they'll just do it in a different place. This won't "stimulate" people to switch from free releases to paid releases. People doing open-source work do it for the purpose of open-source contributions.
  • A merchant group works, but I'd also open a section where people could open up disputes.
  • Always make it very clear all deals are at your own risk, and that the Staff of RaGEZONE doesn't come in between.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think an exchange system would be interesting, it would encourage people to develop tools for the servers.

Reaction score
and people will eventually blame ragezone for this to happening, because X user had advertised in ragezone and this resulting in some money lost
honestly it happened a lot even if the X user isn't advertising in ragezone, people will still come to blame, I think if we can set who can sell it might become a better option just like how developer title is given, and even more better if those who want to sell had to contribute by releasing something to the section, but I do think about problem such as leak, released for free after profit, but in all honesty, leak is a leak and it should be allowed if item being sold is leaked to the forum šŸ«£
as for released for free after some profit I had the experience too when I purchase some mobile application, but well I just let it be, consider that as a support/donation for the developer šŸ˜
selling licensing system and suddenly killed it might be the most concerning just like what Kimberly said

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back