Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Fiesta pserver using windows 8

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So I manage to finish setting up a private server, my problem now is that when I want to log in, I have the message that the server is full. Im using windows 8.1, and I read that it dosent work to host fiesta pserver with windows 8, but I gave it a try anyway. I also did it on my laptop which has windows vista, and it works fine, I can log in without problems. Its just that my laptop is getting old and slow, and I have a brand new comp, with windows 8 I rather use. So is this a windows 8 problem? Any way to fix it?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
So I manage to finish setting up a private server, my problem now is that when I want to log in, I have the message that the server is full. Im using windows 8.1, and I read that it dosent work to host fiesta pserver with windows 8, but I gave it a try anyway. I also did it on my laptop which has windows vista, and it works fine, I can log in without problems. Its just that my laptop is getting old and slow, and I have a brand new comp, with windows 8 I rather use. So is this a windows 8 problem? Any way to fix it?

Wrong section, and yes, it's because Win8 isn't fully supported.

It's possible to use it, I have one running on my laptop and it's on 8.1, but i'm sure someone else can help you with that.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score

It's possible to use it, I have one running on my laptop and it's on 8.1, but i'm sure someone else can help you with that.

How,? It doesnt work for me i gave up because i have windows 8, didnt update to 8.1 or 8.2.
Can you help me if you know how ur able to run on windows 8?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
How,? It doesnt work for me i gave up because i have windows 8, didnt update to 8.1 or 8.2.
Can you help me if you know how ur able to run on windows 8?

Doesn't work after Update aswell. Neither 8.1 nor 8.1 Update 1

Why don't you just tell us instead of being cool and keeping it for you?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Doesn't work after Update aswell. Neither 8.1 nor 8.1 Update 1

Why don't you just tell us instead of being cool and keeping it for you?

isn't that how the fiesta scene is, keep poop to yourself and only "release" whenever you feel like it?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I've heard that the problem with Windows 8(.1) is that Microsoft changed something with the asynchronous connection socket setup, but don't ask me how to fix that :?:....btw this is also the reason why SQL server 2012 and 2014 won't work.

My current plan is to run the server on a Windows 7 virtual machine (VirtualBox to be precise), but I'm having trouble with the Client - Server connection

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I've heard that the problem with Windows 8(.1) is that Microsoft changed something with the asynchronous connection socket setup, but don't ask me how to fix that :?:....btw this is also the reason why SQL server 2012 and 2014 won't work.

My current plan is to run the server on a Windows 7 virtual machine (VirtualBox to be precise), but I'm having trouble with the Client - Server connection

Don't know how virtualbox is, but all you gotta do is forward the ports under the nat settings for the current vm you're wanting to host on.

Or use hamachi.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Well if anyone know how to set up a server on windows 8(+) then tell/pm me? ;c

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
isn't that how the fiesta scene is, keep poop to yourself and only "release" whenever you feel like it?

Yes, that's how the Fiesta scene is, but you could prove you're better...

Anyway, i don't wonder if nobody of the ones who "know the trick" tell us how it works....

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
But I don't want to be better then anyone else, or have my name "known", I just get by and I'm good with that, I help around whenever I'm on here, isn't that enough? :c

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
But I don't want to be better then anyone else, or have my name "known", I just get by and I'm good with that, I help around whenever I'm on here, isn't that enough? :c

I said "you could" tell it. But you're right, you're already better if you don't write any posts in here, still better than just flaming around....

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

SQL server 2012-2014 works fine with fiesta private servers BTW.

LETS REACH 666 POSTS?!!!!
Reaction score
Yeah but u cant say like

''I know how to fix this but i wont tell you haha -.-''

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
still not getting it done with the virtual pc -.- I'm using bridged network and can actualy see my vpc in my network but what IP do i have to connect to?

xkl

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
still not getting it done with the virtual pc -.- I'm using bridged network and can actualy see my vpc in my network but what IP do i have to connect to?

I feel like running a server in a virtual environment would be rough on system resources. Anyways, connect through your local network. 192.168.x.x

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
thanks for your help, if I ping the address all pings come back but the fiesta client still won't connect. I made sure that all services are running.

Back