Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Finally Microsoft is being truthful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ginger by design.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I went to install VC++ 2010 Express Beta2 and found this little gem:

jMerliN - Finally Microsoft is being truthful - RaGEZONE Forums

Normally I opt out since I don't like to read the privacy statement to see what they will and won't send to MS and what they can and can't do with that data.

But it's nice to see finally that Microsoft is just saying: duck you, I'm going to send this poop anyway, read the damn privacy agreement. Nice touch, you damn douchebags.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hmm, I think the reason they can do that is since it is a beta, all data is supposed to be sent to them so they can use it for patching up to RC, I doubt that it will be like that on actual finished product. Someone would try and sue them. >_<

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
the guys above me has a really good point there

HAARP
Reaction score
I read somewhere that they were forcing it in beta versions to catch bugs faster or something. However they will make it optional when released to the general public.

Last edited:
Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I think the reason they can do that is since it is a beta, all data is supposed to be sent to them so they can use it for patching up to RC, I doubt that it will be like that on actual finished product. Someone would try and sue them. >_<

yep i agree with this. what would be the point of doing beta if people jus opt out of sending in bug reports and if any or no issues were found during installing.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
ROFLMAO!! duck up the experience and send it to them .. xD ....Something like "The One Reading This Has Three Nipples"

Reaction score
Isn't beta for testing & only send info when something is wrong?
But forcing to send info during beta is what I dont get.
Anyhow you can't click "next" if you have not read the privacy policy. So, why auto-checked it?
If that is so, whats the use of beta test?
I'm confuse.

Reaction score
Maybe you should read the privacy statement for the 2010 prerelease versions before you actually use them so you don't flip the duck out over nothing? It clearly explains how to turn off the data sending after you install the beta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back