Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

First Documented Case of Child Cured of HIV

2D > 3D
Reaction score
Clip: A baby with the virus that causes AIDS was given high doses of three antiretroviral drugs within 30 hours of her birth. Doctors knew the mother was HIV positive and administered the drugs in hopes of controlling the virus.

Two years later, there is no evidence of HIV in the child's blood.

Wucas - First Documented Case of Child Cured of HIV - RaGEZONE Forums

Scanning electron micrograph of HIV particles infecting a human T cell. (Credit: NIH/National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases)

Reaction score
Very cool, even though this doesn't help people that got HIV earlier. This could proove that if you test yourself early and get treated for HIV very fast after being infected, this could treat you.

Would be pretty cool if they started making some kind of "fast" way of detecting if you have HIV so that you can get help within 30 hours or so.

1/11/1995 ~ 23/11/2011
Reaction score
i saw it on facebook and thought it was a hoax. But wow, i'm so glad, we're getting there.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
I did think that a cure for HIV was close. Considering the years and years of research that has gone into it, this is an amazing step towards the future!

Back