Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Fixed realm names for lower versions

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I replaced this on my 422, but no dice yet. How did you go about fixing it?

Thanks for uploading 997 tho!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So I opened your file and searched for ASCII and UTF-8 occurrences, but nothing special caught my eye (I did these because of something you said on another post). Also, should I be editing this even if I only use ascii realm names?

Also downloaded IDA, but quickly got overwhelmed lol... What should i be looking for?

Reaction score
So I opened your file and searched for ASCII and UTF-8 occurrences, but nothing special caught my eye (I did these because of something you said on another post). Also, should I be editing this even if I only use ascii realm names?

Also downloaded IDA, but quickly got overwhelmed lol... What should i be looking for?

1. Take the fixed glinkd and a bugged one run a compare.
2. Check what have been edited.
3. Apply the changes on lower version glinkd :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I downloaded the 3.1.1 server and compared its default glinkd file to the one you uploaded. There were two differences:

1. Added ASCII right after "relocation processing":

LWb51S5 - Fixed realm names for lower versions - RaGEZONE Forums

2. Unknown change on 021F108:
RbFJJwI - Fixed realm names for lower versions - RaGEZONE Forums

So I did those changes on my 422 file, and glinkd service didn't boot. Then, I reverted changes and did only the ASCII one, server booted, but still realm names don't show.

Did I make the second change wrongly? Didn't find any matches using your previous bytes, so I went by hex location instead, even though it felt wrong.

Here's is my file with the ascii modification, and my original glinkd:
ASCII mod:
Original glinkd:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Reaction score
Any of you has a good database (the one I've found doesnt seem to work, dbo.sql) and register script for 1345?

Also, this was something I was looking for back in 2014 xD fixing realm names for 3.1.1.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I've worked only with 422 files, so I can't help you with good database files, I'm sorry :(

About register script tho, maybe it works the same as 422, in which case password on database is simply md5 of username+password. Maybe it's different on 1345, but its worth a try

Still haven't fixed realm names. If you have any hints I'd really appreciate it

Reaction score
I've worked only with 422 files, so I can't help you with good database files, I'm sorry :(

About register script tho, maybe it works the same as 422, in which case password on database is simply md5 of username+password. Maybe it's different on 1345, but its worth a try

Still haven't fixed realm names. If you have any hints I'd really appreciate it

I mean, every link on this section is offline. I cant even download some compilations to get the db sql or register scripts xD

As of the realm names, I didnt tried it yet. But I'm trying to use the 3.1.1. 12 class version.

I'm two years away from JD, i dont know how to follow my own tutorial on preparing Centos 6.10 to get server files XD

Reaction score
I mean, every link on this section is offline. I cant even download some compilations to get the db sql or register scripts xD

As of the realm names, I didnt tried it yet. But I'm trying to use the 3.1.1. 12 class version.

I'm two years away from JD, i dont know how to follow my own tutorial on preparing Centos 6.10 to get server files XD
View attachment dynasty.zip

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back