• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Fixing Aion Java Heap Space Error

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So, hello everybody. this is my first post of fix which isnt something special. And yes Mod if i posted in wrong section pls tell me where to post these kind of things.
So Error Which occured during my Aion server update doesnt involve ur server settings or etc. It involves ur ram free space which is cached, so java JDK VM max limits is about 1,5 GB ram he will be able to start java VM(virtual machine) if ur ram doesnt excide over 1,5 GB RAM.And if its over this value it wont launch ur Aion server in this case.See picture under.

So fix for this problem is to open ur gameserver bat file and edit this line. java -Xms512m -Xmx1536m-ea. The first value is good, second value should change to 512m, even im not sure how to edit perfect settings and maybe changing this settings will slow down ur server performance later on. But atleast u can run ur server and u will know why that error accured. I sugest experimentate with both values. To see in which config server runs faster or smoother.I puted like this values and my problem got solved: java -Xms256m -Xmx512m -ea. And sry for long text. And a lot of mistakes in grammer :) :thumbup1:

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i have 3.5 GB RAM and i still get that error, however you need to edit other .bat file in GS/dist folder, else when you recompile GS the old .bat will come back :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
i have 3.5 GB RAM and i still get that error, however you need to edit other .bat file in GS/dist folder, else when you recompile GS the old .bat will come back :)
What do u mean by old bat will come back?

error accure because that setting goes over 1.5 gb.
and u need change those values so they dont excide 1500mb.
And i have 4 GB ram.

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
What do u mean by old bat will come back?

error accure because that setting goes over 1.5 gb.
and u need change those values so they dont excide 1500mb.
And i have 4 GB ram.

i mean that you don't need to edit the .bat in build folder, but the one i said,
yes well i have 4 gb also but XP is limited to 3.5

Master Summoner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i mean that you don't need to edit the .bat in build folder, but the one i said,
yes well i have 4 gb also but XP is limited to 3.5

That's because the x32/x86 version of java doesnt support more than 1.5GB of Ram.

It's also recommended that you run a x64 bits OS along with a x64 bits Java version to avoid these problems.

Back