Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Fixing up my laptop....

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a Hp Pavilion v6000 thats in pretty bad shape. The screen has internal cracks in it so I only see pieces of the screen and also the plug for the ac adapter is broken so it only charges if i hold it in. I talked it over with my Dad and he said he would love to fix it for me. He wants me to find a cheap 17"+ monitor and a way to fix the ac adapter plug. So I came here to get some help. For the monitor I was wondering if there would be anyway that monitor could connect to the laptop in a wireless way. No wires= amazing. And my next question is there anyway I could fix the adapter plug. Thanks guys for your time, hopefully I get some positive results.

Reaction score
No idea about the adapter plug, but i am very certain that you cannot have a wireless monitor. Simply too much information is being sent from your PC to monitor that wireless is not possible, and even if it was, with the data error rate of wireless, gaming would be absolute crap.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
oo lol that would make sense thanks man and i will just look into the ac adapter. Also I was thinking of reformatting the laptop, i just wanted to know what happens when i do and what does it actually do and what i need lol. I don't have an knowledge of reformatting what so ever. So if i could get some help on that, that would be great.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ok I did my research but I still have questions. I found the my OS disk and I will install that. But will things need activating like i read somewhere you have 30 days to activate windows and stuff. Will I have to do that? And how would I do that. Also with this will I be able to receive Microsoft updates and other things or does it need to be cracked or activated. I'm just looking for some answers.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
what directions? And Reactivate it? I have never activated a computer. How do i activate it?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
you will reactivate it during the installation process...

Easier than Paris Hilton
Reaction score
For the adaptor, just get a connector the same size as the current one from any decent electronics store, cut the wire back a bit from the old connector and then attach the new one. Shouldn't require soldering or owt.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
ooo i might not have that serial number. I don't have much that came with laptop. All i have is the laptop and the cd. What do i do since I don't have it?

Reaction score
You need it. It will be on a Microsoft sticker. If it came with your laptop, it will be stuck to the side of it or behind it. Without it you cannot activate and you need to buy another copy of Windows. Others will say that you can crack it ect, but that cannot be discussed here.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
alright thanks for all your help and just one more thing when I reformat it and install all the drivers and software from the site according to my computer will I need to do anything else?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you need free windows XP key I can sneak ya one XD anyways wireless monitor I don't get how it would be possible it probably would have FP/S of 3 haha

also the connector I have seen stores that sell them if not you can easily find a thing like speakers for a PC or what not take it apart do some cuting and BAM a new connector 0.o

Back