Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

FlyFF Server Shutdown?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Has anybody successfully found a way to shutdown the channels from the offi files without causing a rollback?

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Have you tried going into the database and clicking 'Save all' and then closing the DB server first, not the world server?

I haven't tried this I have no clue if it will work.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Close the cache server, it'll disconnect all the users connected and force them to save

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Close the cache server, it'll disconnect all the users connected and force them to save

Have you tried that tho? I know the channels keep about 30-45 min worth of data in memory, was not sure if a DC would be enough.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Have you tried that tho? I know the channels keep about 30-45 min worth of data in memory, was not sure if a DC would be enough.

this would make sense as noone actually connects to the world server direct the conect to the cache server then info is given over isc from the world server from my understanding of the files

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Why wouldnt it work? as soon as a player logs out, or DCs, the world server saves their info to the database. Closing the cache server disconnects everyone in the server connected to that cache server, so everyone's info gets saved

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Why wouldnt it work? as soon as a player logs out, or DCs, the world server saves their info to the database. Closing the cache server disconnects everyone in the server connected to that cache server, so everyone's info gets saved

So then closing erlyguard will work as well.

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

this works.
someone had already asked this question in this section.
http://forum.ragezone.com/f483/help-restart-server-and-rollback-633446/

That post says not to lol because that will cause a rollback.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
well you'll never find out til you try it.
trust us. it works. i've done it thousands of times, and i would assume imortal has too.
closing the cache server prior to the world server will prevent rollback guaranteed.
just as imortal said, everyone will be disconnected when the cache server is off, therefore forcing their activities to be saved.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
well you'll never find out til you try it.
trust us. it works. i've done it thousands of times, and i would assume imortal has too.
closing the cache server prior to the world server will prevent rollback guaranteed.
just as imortal said, everyone will be disconnected when the cache server is off, therefore forcing their activities to be saved.

It's no problem, I will attempt it with erlyguard since it acts as a proxy, that should do the trick as well :)

ty.

Back