Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Found my cat dead

Na Nach Nachma Nachman Meuman
Loyal Member
Reaction score
A few months ago my cat ran away after moving to a new house after around a month of living here. Around 7 weeks after the cat went missing (today) I was in the car on the way home on the motorway and as I was coming off the slip road I found something that looked like a cardboard box because it looked flat as I got closer to this 'cardboard box' I realized that it was my cat and it's head had been flattened, I just ended up screaming in the car and got home and broke the news to my family, they were devastated.

I had the cat for about 8 years and it just went missing suddenly, the cat's body looked like it had only just been knocked over and I feel guilty for not coming home earlier or driving to work a little late.

Reaction score
Sorry to hear mate. My cat died in 2009 after having her for 18 years and my dog died last year and my other dog is rather old so she be gone soon. Sucks losing a pet but I think to myself that my animals are rescue pets therefore despite the passing my family gave them a home and a life. Hope you feel better soon.

Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments guys, much appreciated. I understand what you're saying Dan, losing pet isn't good but life has to continue so it's best not to think about it. The bad thing is that I actually saw him dead with my two eyes after all that time looking for him. It's a some sort of relief now though as I don't have to worry about were he is any more and that the death may have been quick.

I've rang the Motorway Maintenance and I've asked them to pick the cat up as that's the way I go for my regular journey and it'd make me upset if I saw him there every day.

Thank you for all your kind words guys.

Reaction score
Umm... Sure... So your cat was still recognizable after it got flatten on the side of a motorway 7 weeks later? I just cannot see how that can be. Last time I flatten something with a car it was pretty unrecognizable and after 7 weeks it would have been completely rotten though and/or eaten by other animals.

NoPeace - out

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Umm... Sure... So your cat was still recognizable after it got flatten on the side of a motorway 7 weeks later? I just cannot see how that can be. Last time I flatten something with a car it was pretty unrecognizable and after 7 weeks it would have been completely rotten though and/or eaten by other animals.

NoPeace - out

Maybe the cat had a lil nameplate collar on its neck?
Sorry to hear about your cat, it's terrible when a companion you have seen everyday for 8 years has suddenly gone missing and has died.
The way it died, not very nice either. Rip :*:

Reaction score

NoPeace - out
What if it wasn't hit 7 weeks ago? What if it was hit today and he just found it?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Im pretty sure that running away, and being run over can happen on seperate days.
And as Jamie said, that is the journey he takes to work every day, I think he would have noticed the dead cat 7 weeks prior to now.

I am sorry to hear Jamie :( I dont know what I would do if I found my cat like that :(

Bat

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Feel for you bro, my cat died at the weekend had her for 14 years.

Loyal Member
Reaction score
It definitely wasn't 7 weeks ago. As Becca and Cameron said, I would of seen it at least over the past few weeks and I only seen it today and it was really hard to miss -Rishwin, you make me feel better anyway so don't worry :wink:

To be honest, I expected some trolls to post and disrespect me because of this thread but actually, thank everyone for the respect you have gave to myself and my family right now, it's really appreciated.

Thank you all.

Reaction score

NoPeace - out

I think he meant 7 weeks after it went missing he found it. I'm sure it didn't get hit 7 weeks ago but much more recently.

Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thanks Zaruna and Rejected, it's much appreciated. I do know what your saying, some people think pets are really important and this cat was my only pet since my grandmother died so it's a great loss.

1/11/1995 ~ 23/11/2011
Loyal Member
Reaction score
poop men, that's the saddest thing I read for a couple of days, I feel really really really honestly sorry for you, for real ... I know how it feels like to have a pet that you loved for so long, dead, I had this dog for 8 years and she died of an infection.

I really feel sorry you had to find it out this way, that's sad.

may web.very maple.pls.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Sorry for your loss, but he's in a better place now :/, if I were you, I would get the body(if possible) and put him in a pet cemetery, to honor his meowness, and again sorry for your loss.

Back