Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Frostcovered City/Frostwalk Old Style

RaGEaholic
Reaction score
I know Ronny got us up to date with the new style of FC a long time ago and everyone has it now, but I was wondering if anyone possibly has the original files such as npcgen to make it old school farmable for mats again? Would greatly appreciate it any has and feels generous enough to share it, thanks.

RaGEaholic
Reaction score
I would be most appreciative it you could find it and share.

Reaction score
Ok, please give me some time though as I think that's on one of my original archive drives (when I first started archiving everything I downloaded)... It could take me some time to find the physical drive (it's probably in storage)... I will get to that ASAP for you though! I'd say at most, a week... =S

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
can be done 10x easier, PW left the old FW bosses in their elements.data
they just duplicated the old ones, gave them armordrops and a new id and placed those in FW

find old boss and new boss, switch id's (either switch mob id's in elements.data or switch the mob id's in the npcgen file for frostwalk/frost covered city)
old boss will now spawn who still drops mats
new boss will still be in elements but it wont be used anywhere

or route 2:
edit all new FW bosses yourself and re-add the drops, your choice

RaGEaholic
Reaction score
I know they are all still in elements, however it is the mobs as well not just bosses. While I am not lazy and know what and how to switch the mobs, if someone has the npcgen there are other much more pressing things I could be working on. @343 thank you, you help has always been much appreciated.

Reaction score
Though I have done a lot of work for ya (not bearing any actual testing) I've been able to dig up the old archive drive a lot of my original "pw stuff" was on, and recover a bunch of poop for ya... First I will leave the a29 directory from Beasties release (because it is/was the first release I ever started with)... I also dug out a bunch of other a29 'stuff' so I will supply a second upload with pretty much every 'old' version of a29 that I could find in my archives... Some of them I don't even know where they came from (ie... which release), but they're there for the taking. As I stated I did not test any of them, so all or some of them may or may not work (my little disclaimer)... If one of them works, be sure to let me know which one it was so that I can single it out :): Also, likewise, if none of them work, also let me know, so that I can delete the uploads :lol:

Enjoy...:
(note: the DL from 4shared actually contains the one from the beastie release as well [in the directory named "Server136Final"])

a29(BEASTIE).7z - Download - RaGEZONE

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
RaGEaholic
Reaction score
I will check them out and let you know what I find, thanks a lot 343.

RaGEaholic
Reaction score
Again thank you 343 for tracking these down for me, unfortunately none of them are what I am looking for. Seems any of the npcgen's that have mobs, have them randomly scattered and have not seen any of them with the bosses in them. Looks like I am going to have to do it all manually. As I never got to run it in the original set up I am going to assume it is all the same mobs/bosses and placement but with the ones that drop the mats. Once this is done I will upload the .data file to this thread for anyone else that may want it.

Reactions: 343
Reaction score
Before you get too in depth of creating your own, I have not gotten around to doing my own testing yet but, I was wondering if you tried ALL the different NPCGEN's included in the files I posted. I ask because poking around the directories I posted, I found there's more than one NPCGEN in some of them.

ex, here is the entire tree with any 'backups' highlighted:

C:.
├───a29
│ └───a29
│ │ 1.hmap
│ │ npcgen.data
│ │ npcgen.data.bak
│ │ path.sev
│ │ precinct.sev
│ │ precinct1.sev
│ │ region.sev
│ │
│ ├───airmap
│ │ spmap.conf
│ │
│ ├───map
│ │ 1-------.hmap
│ │ 1.hmap
│ │
│ ├───movemap
│ │ 1.dhmap
│ │ 1.rmap
│ │ movemap.conf
│ │
│ └───watermap
│ 1.wmap
│ watermap.conf

├───PWServer
│ └───a29
│ │ npcgen.data
│ │ path.sev
│ │ precinct.sev
│ │ region.sev
│ │
│ ├───airmap
│ │ spmap.conf
│ │
│ ├───map
│ │ 1.hmap
│ │
│ ├───movemap
│ │ 1.dhmap
│ │ 1.rmap
│ │ movemap.conf
│ │
│ └───watermap
│ 1.wmap
│ watermap.conf

├───RomulanServer136Basic
│ └───a29
│ │ 1.hmap
│ │ npcgen.data
│ │ npcgen.data.bak
│ │ path.sev
│ │ precinct.sev
│ │ precinct1.sev
│ │ region.sev
│ │
│ ├───airmap
│ │ spmap.conf
│ │
│ ├───map
│ │ 1-------.hmap
│ │ 1.hmap
│ │
│ ├───movemap
│ │ 1.dhmap
│ │ 1.rmap
│ │ movemap.conf
│ │
│ └───watermap
│ 1.wmap
│ watermap.conf

├───server
│ └───a29
│ │ 1.hmap
│ │ npcgen.data
│ │ npcgen.data.bak
│ │ npcgen.data.mobs
│ │ npcgen.data.org
│ │ path.sev
│ │ precinct.sev
│ │ precinct1.sev
│ │ region.sev
│ │
│ ├───airmap
│ │ spmap.conf
│ │
│ ├───map
│ │ 1-------.hmap
│ │ 1.hmap
│ │
│ ├───movemap
│ │ 1.dhmap
│ │ 1.rmap
│ │ movemap.conf
│ │
│ └───watermap
│ 1.wmap
│ watermap.conf

├───Server136Final
│ └───a29
│ │ 1.hmap
│ │ npcgen.data
│ │ npcgen.data.bak
│ │ path.sev
│ │ precinct.sev
│ │ precinct1.sev
│ │ region.sev
│ │
│ ├───airmap
│ │ spmap.conf
│ │
│ ├───map
│ │ 1-------.hmap
│ │ 1.hmap
│ │
│ ├───movemap
│ │ 1.dhmap
│ │ 1.rmap
│ │ movemap.conf
│ │
│ └───watermap
│ 1.wmap
│ watermap.conf

└───wanmei of youxizhezhijia
└───a29
│ 1.hmap
│ npcgen.data
│ path.sev
│ precinct.sev
│ precinct1.sev
│ region.sev

├───airmap
│ spmap.conf

├───map
│ 1-------.hmap
│ 1.hmap

├───movemap
│ 1.dhmap
│ 1.rmap
│ movemap.conf

└───watermap
1.wmap
watermap.conf

RaGEaholic
Reaction score
Although I appreciate your efforts again 343, unfortunately yes I have tried all twelve.

Reaction score
Damn, I am sorry yet again :(:

At this point I will look forward to your remake, and I will proudly add that to my archives, and possibly my release if you desire for me to do so :wink::):

Unless someone would like to pop out of the woodwork and produce the original one for us (now would be the time :)::wink:) ...

Reaction score
When / if somebody wants to share the 'original', or you finish with your custom 'original' CRX I have a really good idea for integration with my v136 package... ... ... Please keep me updated :wink:

Back