Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Fung Wan Online/ Storm Riders Online/ Pedang Setiawan Online Server Files Release

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
After almost 20 years, the server files for Fung Wan Online are being released. This game at one point had a big international following. After the official servers closed down, the game was "brought back" by a greedy dbag who exploited the fanbase and used it to make tons of money. I encourage everyone to take a look at these files, see what you can do with them. This was a very deep game, with lots of moving parts for the time it was released. The PVP was fairly balanced. These were the days before mining and your typical gathering. Crafting was simplistic. The game's model was built around a P2W mentality, although the official servers you could actually grind for gear, that was killed off by most of the server owners that followed. Now people who have the server files are trying to sell them for anywhere near 5k-10k USD. Its a dead game, I am releasing them for free.

Honestly, I have no idea what it will take to get these working, My only experience with server set up was piggy backing off the fine folks at ragezone and other similar forums. If someone would be nice enough to set up a easy 1 or 2 click (or something a simpleton could do) setup for localhost I would be eternally grateful. If your interested in helping me please send me a message or respond here, in the mean time I'll look for a request thread.

I have heard from previous server owners that the server may require an outdated linux version. No idea if that is true or if that will effect your work with it.

Inside the zip folder, which requires no passwords will have a folder "web" so I assume we are getting a website with it.

upZoXeY - Fung Wan Online/ Storm Riders Online/ Pedang Setiawan Online Server Files Release - RaGEZONE Forums

I am not sure what client goes with it, but I will include the links to what I could find. Most servers that come out use the same standard one so I am sure we can use one of these. It took forever to upload the server files on my poop connection, there is no way I can upload the client. The client is not huge, unpacked I think its under 1gb.

Another thing I am going to release with this is an excel file, I used this when I was a GM, it told you important info, like what mobs were "supposed" to drop, item IDs, zone IDs, and etc.

Screenshots:
KillerLeon - Fung Wan Online/ Storm Riders Online/ Pedang Setiawan Online Server Files Release - RaGEZONE Forums

KillerLeon - Fung Wan Online/ Storm Riders Online/ Pedang Setiawan Online Server Files Release - RaGEZONE Forums

All Server files

Client for the current server

Extra client link:

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reaction score
After almost 20 years, the server files for Fung Wan Online are being released. This game at one point had a big international following. After the official servers closed down, the game was "brought back" by a greedy dbag who exploited the fanbase and used it to make tons of money. I encourage everyone to take a look at these files, see what you can do with them. This was a very deep game, with lots of moving parts for the time it was released. The PVP was fairly balanced. These were the days before mining and your typical gathering. Crafting was simplistic. The game's model was built around a P2W mentality, although the official servers you could actually grind for gear, that was killed off by most of the server owners that followed. Now people who have the server files are trying to sell them for anywhere near 5k-10k USD. Its a dead game, I am releasing them for free.

Honestly, I have no idea what it will take to get these working, My only experience with server set up was piggy backing off the fine folks at ragezone and other similar forums. If someone would be nice enough to set up a easy 1 or 2 click (or something a simpleton could do) setup for localhost I would be eternally grateful. If your interested in helping me please send me a message or respond here, in the mean time I'll look for a request thread.

I have heard from previous server owners that the server may require an outdated linux version. No idea if that is true or if that will effect your work with it.

Inside the zip folder, which requires no passwords will have a folder "web" so I assume we are getting a website with it.

upZoXeY - Fung Wan Online/ Storm Riders Online/ Pedang Setiawan Online Server Files Release - RaGEZONE Forums

I am not sure what client goes with it, but I will include the links to what I could find. Most servers that come out use the same standard one so I am sure we can use one of these. It took forever to upload the server files on my poop connection, there is no way I can upload the client. The client is not huge, unpacked I think its under 1gb.

Another thing I am going to release with this is an excel file, I used this when I was a GM, it told you important info, like what mobs were "supposed" to drop, item IDs, zone IDs, and etc.

Screenshots:

All Server files

Client for the current server

Extra client link:

Initial post "quoted and modified" so that multiple incorrect links were not mixed with the correct links.
It was mixed badly, in such a way that you had to reply with quote to get at the correct links.
Cheers

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Initial post "quoted and modified" so that multiple incorrect links were not mixed with the correct links. It was mixed badly, in such a way that you had to reply with quote to get at the correct links. Cheers
Thank you for fixing that for me! Also wanted to add that the server ran on Linux Debian, if that helps anyone looking into these files.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I've been looking for this release for long time. But i know nothing about linux. Any progress been made so far?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
by just looking into the files,

THe folder should be named FWO13

You can start the server with the files FWO\script\restarter.sh and ensure_zs_alive.sh , not the best way to start the server, but it could work, dunno must test first...

Database is MySQL 3.23.49 Version

U have to change IPs In all .conf files, also database user and password...

the web folder has two folders, Dragon Folder seems to be an website for GM's and admins to control the game, configure...
as for the Zerg folder it's an phpAdmin to control the database, the game and also make configurations,
there are some config files inside them too that need edits for Ip's database pw...

Dunno which linux would work, but probably something from 2002~2006

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I may could make it work only if the engine is using windows not linux. and yes, its an old linux one.
but still need more tools of it.

i managed to rebuild the database SQLs but then need more info about setting up with linux.
If any1 interested on working through this files, do reach me so we could figure this out together.

Update: There's alot of missing tables from SQl database. It wont work unless u know how to rebuild them with corresponding structure and data itself.
Its a fail.

Last edited:

ysw

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Anyone got any advance in this topic?
I am really interested and want to setup a free online server.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
hey.. you still down for this game? im a developer. tho not really good at server. but i think i can help

I may could make it work only if the engine is using windows not linux. and yes, its an old linux one.
but still need more tools of it.

i managed to rebuild the database SQLs but then need more info about setting up with linux.
If any1 interested on working through this files, do reach me so we could figure this out together.

Update: There's alot of missing tables from SQl database. It wont work unless u know how to rebuild them with corresponding structure and data itself.
Its a fail.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
you can download VMware install REDhat8 after zoneserver authsys loginserver at FWO13,and linux install , youcan use ==>sh start_zs

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
you can download VMware install REDhat8 after zoneserver authsys loginserver at FWO13,and linux install , youcan use ==>sh start_zs

nope u cannot run them with missing files

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
install

server: game server : 173.249.14.14

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hello. I´m running the server but i need someone that knows CodeIgniter for runing the website.
Please if anyone is interest contact me.
Thanks.

Back