Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Fuyu 2013?

2D > 3D
Reaction score
Watch airing anime? Well you should. Don't give me this bull about "I'll watch it when it's over" or "DUBS4LYF", I tried to be cool once and it didn't work well for me either.
Here is the rundown of what (I think) is good this Winter 2013 Season, based solely on first impressions (3 episodes or less).

Note:* May I remind you that there is an average of 40 new shows a week in Japan, I am watching 16 of them, if I'm not watching your show, sorry, it probably doesn't fit my taste.

Kotoura-san - 5 Stars
Wucas - Fuyu 2013? - RaGEZONE Forums

Every once in awhile you fall in love with a show, and despite what anyone says, it doesn't change how you feel about it at all; this is 'Kotoura-san' for me. The first episodes took me from tears to laughter in (I kid you not) 2 seconds, the plot is new, yet feels realistic, and every character is likeable, if not loveable, I seriously have nothing negative to say about this show. As you will soon find out, this story follows a girl who can read others minds, and shows her struggles, her heartaches, and her happiness as she goes through her High School years. With a guy who could totally be a bro, I can already tell that this romantic comedy will rewrite the genre for me.
Sasami-san@Ganbaranai - 5 Stars

Haruhi meets FLCL in this Shaft production; Sasami-san, also being one of the surprises of Winter 2013, keeps me asking for more. Shaft, with their crazy animation style, weird camera angles, and odd use of fanservice, brings this great story to life that deals with Gods that look like you and I, but can change the world in a blink of an eye. Although I have no idea what has happened in these last two episodes, I know I like it, and I want some more.
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha - 5 Stars

Although no 'Spice and Wolf', this show definitely gives off the same feel as Holo and Lawrence gave me back in 2008. Focusing on a time period almost identical to the European middle ages, talk of economy, war, and crops leads this show that is following a Demon King and the Hero that is supposed to kill her. I wasn't expecting much from this show when I picked up the first episode, but I was gladly surprised to be mistaken. Maoyuu Maou Yuusha has becoming one of my weekly highlights.
Girls und Panzer - 5 Stars

Girls, tanks, and a 12 episode show that someone got pushed between two seasons. Although the majority of this show has aired already (10 episodes), the finale is on haitus until sometime in March, which although disappointing, it gives me hope that the last episodes will turn out quite good. If you like weapons, know a bit of war trivia, and like cute girls, you will like this show. I was actually surprised at how much I learned about different war vehicles from this show, seeing that they sneak in war facts here and there in each episode. Panzer Vor!
Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - 5 Stars

One of the best romantic comedies out there, this show has never let me down. Plenty of character development, just enough romance to keep it going, and humor all around. You follow a girl who can't do anything except draw/ paint and the guy who has to take care of her while she does her art, all the while trying to figure out his own life along the way. If you like romantic comedies with a little bit of randomness here and there, this is a show I would defintely pick up.
Shin Sekai Yori - 4 Stars

Being a lover of this show through thick and thin, I really wish I could have ranked this show a five, but with some quality problems in the first half, I can't rank it that high. Having a completely new story line than what I have watched before, it reminds me a tad of something like Shiki or Higurashi, but with supernatural beings instead. If you can make it past a few "bad" episodes from where they had some staff issues, give it a try and just ignore those parts, you will be glad you did. It really has the best plot I have seen out of any of the shows currently playing (Also, this has the best ending theme I have ever heard, I have it memorized by heart.)
Vivid Red Operation - 4 Stars

Mech, magical girls, lolis, and butt... yup, I guess I'm leading with that. Watch little girls fight evil with the power of friendship, all in scanty, skin-tight clothing, with enough fanservice to bring down a ship. Yup, another one of those shows that I shouldn't like but do, should stop watching but can't. O yah, and their gramps is a squirrel.
Haganai NEXT - 4 Stars

Kekekeke, ready for some meat my kindred? Haganai NEXT is the sequel to the 2011 show, Haganai, which was actually in my top three of 2011. Although it is another one of these guy in an all girl club, it is probably one of the best ones in this setting, having a perfect balance of romance, humor, and plot to keep the audience entertained. Childhood best friend, nerdy science girl, the shy imouto, girl who plays eroge, and a good guy who is treated like a delinquent, you have all the elements to a great show here (o yah, and a guy in a maid outfit).
Ore no Kanojo to Osananajimi ga Shuraba Sugiru - 4 Stars

Boy wants to study to get into college, girl doesn't like boys hitting on her, girl blackmails boy into being her pretend girlfriend... perfectly normal right? Masochist rejoice, you get another one of these pretentious, elitist female MC that treat the guy like poop. I kid, but that is sure what it seems like so far. As a lover of the underdog, I am rooting for best girl orange on this one.
GJ-bu Chuutou-bu - 3 Stars

One of my guilty pleasures this season. Although I know this show is the generic "guy is forced into a club with 'x' girls", I can't but help but laugh and smile throughout shows like this. If you like light, over dramatized humor, with some unexpected bits here and there, pick this up. The artwork is clean, it has decent animation, and is probably one of the more under rated shows this season.
Mondai-Ji-tachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? - 3 Stars

Bunny girls; got your attention yet? Welp this show has a little different theme than the rest, having "supernatural" humans playing Gods and other creatures at high stake games. (Just from that description I got excited.) Although I have only seen one episode (which really limits what I can say about it), from what I have seen it could do very well or completely flop. I am hoping they lead with the plot and fill in with the fan service, but sex sells, and someone is always going to watch Bunny Girls regardless if there is a plot present or not. *Crosses fingers*
Senran Kagura - 3 Stars

Cute ninja girls doing cute ninja things, that is the original description made to me and that is what I am going to keep. If you like your basic ecchi fighting show (Sekirei anyone?) you will like this one. Tons of crude, unneeded fan service, such as (not limited too), groping, sucking on wrapped sushi (what.), and the all important "clothes torn to shreds but I am fine" situation. Watch this show for the plot most definitely, you will get plenty of it (wink).
Love Live! School Idol Project - 3 Stars

IDOLS! Everyone loves idols, I have to say one of the better 2012 shows was in fact Idolmaster. Although not living up to some of its predecessors, this is filled with your normal idol stuff, I am expecting a lot of singing, new characters, and overall happiness everywhere. If you don't like shows about idols, you probably will not like this seeing it is not one of the better shows of its genre (nothing special anyway), but if you enjoy this type of show, give it a try.
Little Busters! - 3 Stars

As a lover of Key, I picked up this show not expecting much, and I got just that. Don't mistake yourself by thinking this is another Clannad, or even Kanon (2006), it really is just what it looks like, a generic harem formed around baseball(?). The first half wasn't as good as I think it could of been, and it was a little too random for me, but I am glad to see that they went with this route. I am hoping the next 12 or so episodes return it to its glory as a Key production.
Boku no Imouto wa "Oosaka Okan" - 2 Stars

Welp, another 3-5 min show here. Let me put it this way, this was so bad the GIF above was the only one I could find. Unless you are pretty knowledgeable about Japanese customs and/or the differences between prefectures, you won't understand this show. It is like "How to be a Redneck" Japanese style. A benefit to this show is the iroppoi Okinawan accent/ dialect. O gosh I love her voice.
Tamako Market - 2 Stars

What do you get when you mix generic slice of life, K-On, a fat bird, bad humor, and market full of female characters voiced by male voices: Tamako Market. Don't get me wrong, I love my cute girls doing cute things in cute places any day, but this just was bad. I honestly can't even point out anything really bad because it just has no substance at all. If you want to see Asu~nyan remade as a young mochi maker, fine by me, but I am not looking forward to this show.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Mondai-Ji-tachi ga Isekai Kara Kuru Sou Desu yo? is a pretty good show, at first i thought it would be stupid, but it turned out to be good.

Nice list above too, might start following one of them until Savannah Game gets aired D:

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Senran Kagura is a must for me :O and a few others aswell

thanks for the thread Wucas :)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
At the beginning, I thought Little Busters! wasn't going to be too good, but now it's more interesting.

Image of Little Busters:

Back