Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Games that have affected you

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well I know that some of you that have played games have had affects from that game while not playing that game. Post some of the funny or scary affects your favorite games have had on you.

Some that have affected me.....

MuOnline
I used to play this game a lot. If you have played this game you know that jewel drops are important, and you can hear it with a "Ding" sound.

Well when I was really into that game I would stay up all night, and sleep a couple hours then go to work, basically half asleep, and the same thing basically everyday. The funny part about it while at work I would hear "Ding" and I would stop what I was doing for a second or two and turn my head to the direction of the sound. Like the jewel was dropping in real life....that was some funny poop ^^

Another thing, in the morning when my wife would wake me up for work, I would say stupid poop like "Wait a minute, I'm rearranging the apples in my inventory" xD
I would laugh about it later on in the day when I wasn't so tired ^^

Other games that I would get into, I would try not to think about them when I wasn't playing but it seemed like everywhere I went I kept seeing signs that would remind me of the game. For Example: License Plates on cars....I would see MU, or player names like Jag, etc...

I haven't really gotten into a game as much as i used to, but I currently own a GTA San Andreas server, and I would stay up all night adding scripts and poop, and then, the license plates were messing with me again....SA here, GTA there...It's funny when you look back on it ^^

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Deus Ex. I can never remember if it's spelt Gray or Grey thanks to that game.

I also learnt almost all my spelling from games.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have to admit the ding noise from Mu affected me a little bit aswell. The worst possible for me was runescape. I few times i could of sworn ive looked at people and seen a mouse appear on them and Town-Guard lvl 21 appear over their head pop up.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have to admit the ding noise from Mu affected me a little bit aswell. The worst possible for me was runescape. I few times i could of sworn ive looked at people and seen a mouse appear on them and Town-Guard lvl 21 appear over their head pop up.

That reminds me when I would talk to some one In real life I would be so used to using symbols like " :p ? xD " that I would get a urge to say P when talking to them...somehow I always managed not to.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Any game that I played wants me to start saying this like lol and wtf and idk wtf nub

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
GTA4 genuinely affected my driving skills. Worst was, I got into the the car and a song that plays in GTA cars was on the radio. Felt so weird lol. Assassin's Creed just really affected me. It was great to finally see a great and thought inspiring story in a game. Actually to that effect Bioshock and Mass Effect totally renewed my hope for gaming.

Ninja Gaiden 2: Brought me back to the days of being 8 and pretending to be a ninja. Also was obsessed with blood for a while. No lie.

Mythic Archon
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Prince of persia series... played em so much on my gamecube when something semi stupid happened i thought i could rewind :p

also geist... first shooter ever purchased, thought if i scared the nieghbors enough i could possess them...

gta4 affected me... i got a cab and killed the cabbie cause i wanted to see if it was as easy as in the game..,

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I just realised, i was also affected by MMO's. I got in a fight yesterday with a bunch of guys afterwards they all kinda ran off and out of the blue i shouted noobs! Seriously wtf is that gonna do for ma rep.

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
maplestory and no more heros, i would be up playing maplestory all day and night lolz,

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ut 2004 I always jump allot on CSS now >_>

/Fate

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Not really affected by a game then the 360 itself with that Achievement Unlocked sound :D

Reaction score
Xbox live changed me, with all the screaming idiots after they die/lose. Then they send me a message saying that I'm a n00b and I should die. Now I have almost no respect for anyone on Xbox live.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
yay same with me, Bf: Bad Company, use to keep me on late at night. The worst thing is when you are ready to sleep, you start thinking about the game, then you lie there for ages thinking of it. lol

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I just god damn realised this! I always try and use the arrow keys to move the camera in every game even if i know it doesnt work cause of god damn runescape!

Back