Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

L2J Gameserver Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
when i change the ip in server.cfg to my WAN ip the server will not start
but if it is my lan ip or the loopback (127.0.0.1) the server will start and i can join

when i leave the cfg as my lan ip, people can login but cannot join the server

hmmppphhh gonna reset my router see if it fixes :)

Reaction score
then I dont know what your problem is but this is how my server is configured:

my server computer is assigned 192.168.1.5 on my lan ports 7777 and 2106 are fowarded to that ip through the router. On the computer I am joining the server I have my l2.ini configured to my internet ip.

Everything runs fine for me, I can connect to my server through the internet, login, create chars, run around and doing anything I want. So the problem lies in your router, gl figuring it out if your setup like I am :)

Upvote 0
Reaction score
pick a lan ip, use 192.168.1.5 to make everything easy.
so ip address: 192.168.1.5
subnet mask:255.255.255.0
default gateway:192.168.1.1

now to find your dns servers I assume your router will have a list of them, login to your router through 192.168.1.1 and find a status section. If you are using linksys it will be under the status section and will list 3 dns ips, pick 2 and fill them in for the preferred dns server and alternate dns server.

Click ok and your done assigning your comp a lan ip. Your going to want to set your router to foward ports 7777 and 2106 to 192.168.1.5. This option most likely can be found when you login to 192.168.1.1. If your using linksys it will be under advanced>port fowarding. After you have set those ports to 192.168.1.5 edit your server.cfg in your server folder with 192.168.1.5 for the ips, and then l2.ini in your game folder with your internet ip.

If you followed everything right your server should load up right, and you should be able to connect to it, as well as everyone else in the world.

tada

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
RequestServerList
thats the message that is displayed when people try to request the server info
RequestServerLogin
is what it says when people try to join the server

when i have my lan ip in the server.cfg and people try to connect they can get to
the server select and i see the RequestServerList but no RequestServerLogin will
appear (server ping is at 9999 for anyone trying to connect)

So what im getting frmo this is the client is not recieving the RequestServerList
from my computer so the ping stays at 9999 like it is timing out and then the
client cannot get the RequestServerLoad to my comp

arrg confused and tired >_<

Last edited:
Upvote 0
M

man77

if you're mean l2.ini in system, is cant be edit , !! i dont know how you can edit in l2.ini file

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back