Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[General] PS3 vs Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hey people im looking to buy either a ps3 or xbox 360 i was wondering if you could give me your opinions on which one is better and some other technical stuff, since im quite "dim"

Thankzz alot whoever post's

Sals

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Re: PS3 vs Xbox 360

Depends on what games you are going to play too. If you want to play Killzone 2 or Demon souls you will have to get a PS3. If you want Halo or Gears of War, you will need to get a Xbox 360. If you are going to be playing online, use Xbox. I myself have a PS3 and it works great for my blu-ray movies and games that I play. But according to GameSpot, Xbox 360 does have a tad bit better graphics than the PS3(including they were both on HDMI). If I didn't go into detail on what you needed just tell me what you are looking for exactly and exactly what you are going to use it for.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Few factors you would wanna look into:

Price -> your budget. Some places offers packages so you might wanna check on that as well

Preference -> Sony or Microsoft? Xbox or PS? Depends on each individual

The platform of the games you are interested in -> As mentioned in the above posts

Features that each console provides -> Such as for online services, you would need to pay a certain amount of $ [unsure of the amount] per month for Xbox360 while you do not need to pay $ when going online for PS3. However, i am unsure of the quality of the speed you would be getting. *USUALLY*, things that you pay would offer better quality than free ones. I do not know whether it applies here. You would have to check from other sources regarding this and the features.

'Technical' stuffs -> One of the main issues here is their uh... 'lifespan' as in how long can a Xbox360 or a PS3 lasts before maintenance is required.

To make things a little more reliable i'm just gonna tell you my friends and my experiences.

I have 3 friends who owns a Xbox360, lets name them A, B and C

Friend A: Plays and owns a lot of games. [Average around 5-7 hours per day?] Have already sent his 360 for maintenance around 3 times. This info dated one year ago

Friend B: Games played is more or less the same but hours spent is definitely longer than Friend A. However, i think that his 360 has not yet failed once. Info dated one year ago

Friend C
: Your average player. Does not spent much time playing so his hours spent on playing is definitely much lesser than B or C. However, his Xbox has failed around 2 times.

I myself and one other friend owns a PS3 each. We bought them on the same time, place, and date. It has been 2-3 years since we bought them. Our PS3 have *Not* failed us once and is still working perfectly. Both of us are the casual gamers. Play time is more or less the same as Friend C.

So this is the summary of my experiences. Hope it will assist in your decision making one way or another.

P.S. Sorry for the wall of text

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back