• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

+GMT issue cause of Item duration Bug

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
i already found out the problem of

[##ERROR##] Cash item period error:!

but i dont know how to fix it seems that the client and server sync of our
unified client is fixed on -8gmt US TIME.

when your player is playing above -8gmt time it will cause "CASH ITEM PERIOD ERROR:!" when receiving in cash item with the duration of 1hr - 12hrs ingame... even you adjust the server time to -8gmt...you will still encounter the error unless your players adjust there computer time to -8gmt which is US TIME...

any suggestion and development in this issue you can post here :thumbup1:

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Actually there are several causes for the error but you are partly right that time formats (not zones) is one of them.

I can't be absolutely sure but i think the clients all work using UTC (coordinated universal time) which is pretty much GMT. The server should also be using UTC which should allow for the proper timezone conversions as both the server and client are using the same date to work out the timezone differences. When installing centos and setting the timezone there is a UTC tickbox which should be ticked.

Once example i have seen. A person i know had a date format like this:

2009-07-28 0415PM

The date bit was ok but the server (and cash shop) couldn't work out the time without the : between hours and days and this caused all dates to be 01/01/1970 (the UNIX epoch). Anyone that does programming or SQL will tell you that converting different date formats is a lot of fun!

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
im using centos 4.x can you tell me how to enable UTC on that version
my location is on +8gmt i encounter a lot of problem regarding this cash item period error...i already advise my players to adjust there time zone to US/CANADA and they didnt encounter any problem anymore...i hope UTC can solve the problem because all of my players have different time zone...

Thanks in advance :wink:

The Dinosaur
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I don't have a centos machine handy at the moment but it should be possible to set to UTC by typing "setup" in the terminal/putty and using the timezone wizard.

Back