Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Gpotato NA and EU sold to rival

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I still play on the official flyff servers :blush:
Having a lot of fun in the Yetti server
The guild where I'm in found and it is confirmed
Gpotato gets taken over.

What do you think about it?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
i dont understand? wil flyff close or wil the new owners keep on updating flyff?

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Who knows, maybe FlyFF will become a better thing?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Who knows, maybe FlyFF will become a better thing?

Unless Webzen completely re-writes the engine and framework, then the game will never "improve" just get updated.. and be assured, updates don't equal improvement.

Last edited:
Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
But good updates do.

FlyFF Gold was a "good update" but their lack of management, complete disarray of organization and failure to insure dedicated team members nearly sent FlyFF to it's grave.

Reaction score
FlyFF Gold was a "good update"
LOL yeah, that was probably the worst possible example you could've used to prove your point. Flyff Gold was a big update, but not good by any means. I guess "good" is subjective, but still, I'm sure majority would agree.

... but their lack of management, complete disarray of organization, and failure to insure dedicated team members nearly sent FlyFF to it's grave.
Your original post was talking about the "engine and framework" of the game, and now you brought in all these other variables that affect the improvement of a game. Obviously you can't only focus on one of these aspects, but that doesn't mean that any one of them can be disregarded as a source of "improvement."

P.S. In your previous post, you said that "Rival" bought gPotato. Did you even read the atricle? Did you even scan over it for 4 seconds? "Rival" isn't the name of the company that bought gPotato, it was the rival of gPotato. lel. I apologize for missing it earlier.

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Reaction score
do you think a V19 offi source wil be out? or wath do you mean?
i dont realy understand it :s

Well, I can't say for sure that Webzen is worse than Gala-Net, but they're pretty bad.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Files are already semi-public.

the resource is, and with thad resource you made full V19 interface if i am right?

but there are none V15+ offi source filles.. or are thay?

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
Well, I can't say for sure that Webzen is worse than Gala-Net, but they're pretty bad.
Webzen was HORRIBLE a few years ago, back when MU Online was their main game. Now I can honestly say that Gala-Net is (or should I say was?) way worse than Webzen. Or maybe it's just because I have a profound hatred towards Gala-Net due to them ruining my favourite f2p mmorpg (hint: it's in the section name)..
Either way.. IMO, not even a miracle can save FlyFF.

Not working on UnitedFlyf
Reaction score
the resource is, and with thad resource you made full V19 interface if i am right?

but there are none V15+ offi source filles.. or are thay?

I'm referring to C9.

Webzen was HORRIBLE a few years ago, back when MU Online was their main game. Now I can honestly say that Gala-Net is (or should I say was?) way worse than Webzen. Or maybe it's just because I have a profound hatred towards Gala-Net due to them ruining my favourite f2p mmorpg (hint: it's in the section name)..
Either way.. IMO, not even a miracle can save FlyFF.

A miracle is a miracle, Flyff can yet be saved. However, the probability of such happening is growing lower as time goes by...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back