• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

L2J [Guide]Best os,settings,hardware,advertishment for l2jservers

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Apache is very easy on DoS attacks. Don't run it on the same machine.
Linux is for me the best platform as long as you know to use it.
You can get a nice machine for 400 ppl online, with 40 euro per month.

Why all ppl start thinking "what machine I need to hold 5k ppl?".
IF you KNOW how to do it, you can hold 1500 -2000 ppl. If you don't, you will hold 50 ppl. No matter if you have a 16-core, 64Gb RAM @ 9999PetaHerz.

Grow up and be logical. I run a server 5 months and I never got above 100 ppl online. And its... perfect.

By the way, the most difficult thing on making a L2 server, is to find a really cool name...!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
xaxa wkat nekys said is 1k% true about the name, especially if you decide to go live now that all the good names are taken... In that occasion, just name your server after a tattoo (e.g L2-Nightmarish :p)

Back