• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

[Guide]For those newbies who have problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
To all newbies who are creating their server,i see some newbies posting about the problems about Ran Server i will post here a little help, this is a Repost only.

For Creating SQL Account:
For EP3
Go to your database > RanUser > Userinfo.dbo
then put the username and password and for normal user you can put 1 in UserType table for normal user and 32 for GM

For EP4
Same as in EP3 but the password must be in MD5 Hash Coded
Note: you dont need to type the md5 code that you put in tables for example
test = 098F6BCD4621D373CAD
Here you need to type the test not the md5 hash code!

For GMCharedit.exe

Open up your SQL Manager, go to the RanUser database.
Now, Open ServerGroup table. Fill in this Column

SGNum : 0
SGName : Thamodz ( you can put any name u want )
OdbcName : RanGame1
OdbcUserID : sa
OdbcPassword : 1234
OdbcLogName : RanLog
OdbcLogUserID : sa
OdbcLogPassword : 1234

Note: The password that you put when you installing the MSSQL must be same when setting this
Example: I put 1234567 you must put this instead of 1234, the 1234 is the default password when you are starting to make server but if you are a host you need a desired password for this.
Note: Windows Authentication is Different from SQL Server Authentication.

When done, Open ServerInfo table in the RanUser database.
put these values.

For Windows Authentication user and pass is not needed.

SGNum : 0
SvrNum : 0
SvrType : 4

Now, run the GMCharEdit. If this is your first time running it
you'll see 4 fields to input information.

first field : RanUser
Second field : sa
Third field : 1234
Fourth field : 1234

For Windows Authentication user and pass is not needed.
Note: The ODBC must be set properly for less error

For Ep4 recommended to use Ran Manager to put items in character before you can use it you must decrypted the itemstrtable and skillstrtable and update it in Ran Manager

For Other problems:
Like the character can't move to another map, this happens if you playing in one pc where the server is also running, you can move to another map by using Bus or GMCharedit to change the startmap.

I HOPE THIS GUIDE WILL BE HELPFUL!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back