Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide]How to edit MetroMS Rev 206 (ip,rates, ect)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys its jcreden here, today I will be showing you how to make MetroMS Rev 206 work.

First of all you will need netbeans.

Alright now we are ready!

Too start off once you finish installing NetBeans, open it up, press new project, Click Java Project with Existing Sources.

Now press next, Project name:bubbles
Project folder:Make a new folder called whatever you want, and go into netbeans and press browse, then look for that folder and press open, now press next.

You will see Source package folders.
Press browse and go into the directory to MetroMS Rev 206, then go into src and press open the click finish.

Now what you need to do is double click the project you made and right click Libraries and press add Jar/Folder.

Go to the directory where MetroMS Rev 206 is again and click "dist", now hold Ctrl and click the jar files in there and press open.

Now to make sure it works, press F11, that will build and compile, and there will be a .jar file called whateveryounamedit.jar in the folder you made.

Alright don't touch those stuffs yet.

Double click constants>ServerConstants.java

you will see info, like rates, event message, server message, flags, ip and whatever there is left.

This is the part when you edit, now change the rates by deleting rate that it is already and changing that.

Same for everything, except Maple_Version=75

Now once your done doing that press F11 on your keyboard and it will compile.

It will say something like this:

init:
deps-jar:
Created dir: C:\Users\Reden\Desktop\Maplestory Private server stuff\virus\build
Updating property file: C:\Users\Reden\Desktop\Maplestory Private server stuff\virus\build\built-jar.properties
Created dir: C:\Users\Reden\Desktop\Maplestory Private server stuff\virus\build\classes
Created dir: C:\Users\Reden\Desktop\Maplestory Private server stuff\virus\build\empty
Compiling 361 source files to C:\Users\Reden\Desktop\Maplestory Private server stuff\virus\build\classes
compile:
Created dir: C:\Users\Reden\Desktop\Maplestory Private server stuff\virus\dist
Building jar: C:\Users\Reden\Desktop\Maplestory Private server stuff\virus\dist\bubbles1.jar
Copy libraries to C:\Users\Reden\Desktop\Maplestory Private server stuff\virus\dist\lib.
jar:
BUILD SUCCESSFUL (total time: 10 seconds)

Now go into the folder you made and look for the .jar file and press Ctrl+copy and go into the MetroMS Rev 206 source and go into dist and paste it there.

Once your done, make sure the .jar file you pasted there is named bubbles or it will not work.

Thats the last of it remember to thank me!

Credits go to Moogra on creating the source, and to me for making this tutorial.

Post below if you have any problems.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Nice Tut, it will help all these noobs that dont know how to use this source xD

P.S FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Elite Diviner
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I don't see much different from regular tutorials on setting up a server... Oh well, maybe because it's the same?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
LOL aren't you gonna include x-tasis? He helped develop the source

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
X-tasis and Xiuz and Moogra = MetroMS/ShootSource add more credits...@tutorial simple tutorial people should already know these basics and you basically just taught simple compiling...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
X-tasis and Xiuz and Moogra = MetroMS/ShootSource add more credits...@tutorial simple tutorial people should already know these basics and you basically just taught simple compiling...

Make a better one than

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Remember to thank you;o? When everyone knows how to compile? Go cry for thanks more you noob

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I never asked for thanks and you probably don't know how to even compile... You sir are a complete spoonfed noob excuse maker. Ps big dumbass too

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
If you really believe that this isn't just one of those netbean compiling tutorials then you must be a complete idiot.

Tell me not that more than 75% of this tutorial is not about compiling...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score

odinms?
odinms did more than all of them combined. moogra did more than all of the others combined. you're forgetting people that contributed more than xiuzsu, such as traitor and generic

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry i only knew those staffs that worked on MetroMS/ShootSource i didn't know which others were in sorry for my mistake

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Good job try organizing it a little more.

Back