Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[GUIDE] How to enable other people can play at your home server use vpn connection

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
In this thread I will explain how to make RFOnline Server use your home pc server that dont have IP Public static . To make it possible here the guide setup server use vpn softether to lets other people can join play at your home pc server .

What we need to do :
1. Setup port forward at your router wifi .

IvonaDP - [GUIDE] How to enable other people can play  at your home server use vpn connection - RaGEZONE Forums

2.Connect your pc to the router use LAN and set use static ip ) dont use dhcp . You must set manual the ip at the network adaptor .

3. Instal softether vpnserver and setup the vpn server configuration .
IvonaDP - [GUIDE] How to enable other people can play  at your home server use vpn connection - RaGEZONE Forums

4. Add firewall role port tcp and udp

5. Add firewall role for loginserver and zoneserver

6. ODBC setting use name pc

7.Instal appserver and the emulator launcher same use port that I use .

8. You need to have a domain that use cloudflare .

9. At cloudflare panel add sub domain ( dont set A record , use CNAME only to point to your softether ddns hostames.

10. edit the .ini files use your LAN IP

11. after setup done , lets your friend connect to your vpn server use openvpn client . after connected your friend can connect to your server because your friend IP are same network with you now .

To make it work , you need your modem get IP public . the IP that we get always dynamic IP from the internet provider . but dont worry, because if we already setup the port forward the port will be open if we already set firewall role . For the webserver no need to connect to use vpn to see the web content , you maybe wondering why other people at other country can access the web without connect to your vpn network pc server . lets me explain this to make you easy to understand , its because we already port forward the router and add role firewall to lets appserv can be access from anywhere . To make your friend can play at your home pc server , tell him to download openvpn client and give him your vpn conf to connect your network .

For why we need a domain its because we need domain to mask our IP address for the web .
the main domain will be use at the hosting provider , you can use any provider its up to you .
the main domain in this case I use it for the base of my rf web that use wordpress cms.
sub domain are used for gamecp register and for linked your php script chip stats top rank etc .
for cloudflare are to make you easy to manage your domain and sub domain and boost your site become fast load .

For the web hosting that I use are freehostia . I like it because free , the ssl active , and good hosting . I already use their service for long time . With cloudflare + that hosting + cdn cloduinary I think its was enough to get score A at Gtmetrix web perfomance test .
you can see mine , already have score like this without use plugin cdn at my wordpress .

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
There are something that I want to tell about disable player direct access use your IP Public at RFlauncher .
What we need to do :
1. edit the httpd-vhosts.conf ( change the setting use sub domain name / domain name / LAN IP Server) dont use IP Public .
2. edit httpd-vhosts.conf , edit the root default for using your emulator launcher folder ( dont use C:\AppServ\www )
3. edit the
httpd.conf ( at this line -->ServerName 192.168.1.2:80 ( its use vpn server local IP )
So after we do that 3 thing , the player now just can connect to play by connect to our server vpn only .

here are some example rfpatchlog code at the appserv for thos who try change the launcher IP use server public IP :
IP xxx.xxx.xxx [13/Apr/2022:08:14:49 +0700] "GET /update.dll?0 HTTP/1.1" 404 332
They wont be able to launch the rflauncher .

for those use our vpn server to connect will get code like this bellow at rfpatchlog
IP 192.168.19[13/Apr/2022:08:25:40 +0700] "GET /update.dll?717 HTTP/1.1" 200 34

if still not understand , I can pass my rf vpn server emulator file and config later .
btw for access.log its seems the anoying ip that try doing fun to do something are gone , tired getting 301 / 401 / 404 error code .
just bot crawler log only that show ( the crawler try looking something that I already delete before when use my sub domain . )

Last edited:
Back