• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

L2J [Guide]How to make your own cursor

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello!

If somebody has a mad idea, like making special cursors for L2, here is a guide for him.

First of all, you have to obtain some programs. A resource editor(PE Explorer, Resource Tuner, etc...) and a program which can edit .cur files. I use a program called Iconcraft.
A Trial Version of PE Explorer:

OK, now you have to open nwindow.dll with PE Explorer. Click on the Resources Viewer/Editor button, or press Ctrl+R. After that choose the Cursor Entry, and now you can see the cursors. Right click on one of them and click on Save Resource As....
Slaatcain - [Guide]How to make your own cursor - RaGEZONE Forums

Now, make your cursor with Iconcraft, or a program like that. If you have finished it, you have to open nwindow.dll again, and double click on the chosen cursor. Open source file... or Ctrl+O, and OK. Save the file, and now you can play with your own cursor.

To avoid mistakes, make backups from every file that you use. I hope you'll enjoy it.

Sorry for my English.
Slaatcain

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Interesting guide... the only thing I don't like is... that the images takes years to load from that site... if you can change them to another image share site, would be great...

Droppo.-

Reaction score
Hello!

If somebody has a mad idea, like making special cursors for L2, here is a guide for him.

First of all, you have to obtain some programs. A resource editor(PE Explorer, Resource Tuner, etc...) and a program which can edit .cur files. I use a program called Iconcraft.
OK, now you have to open nwindow.dll with PE Explorer. Click on the Resources Viewer/Editor button, or press Ctrl+R. After that choose the Cursor Entry, and now you can see the cursors. Right click on one of them and click on Save Resource As....

Now, make your cursor with Iconcraft, or a program like that. If you have finished it, you have to open nwindow.dll again, and double click on the chosen cursor. Open source file... or Ctrl+O, and OK. Save the file, and now you can play with your own cursor.

To avoid mistakes, make backups from every file that you use. I hope you'll enjoy it.

Sorry for my English.
Slaatcain

nice guide.

Interesting guide... the only thing I don't like is... that the images takes years to load from that site... if you can change them to another image share site, would be great...

Droppo.-

yeah it doesn't load so fast. use

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
it's okay but if you never share the programs to do that... that means (go find it)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
There's a link for a trial PE Explorer. It's not free, that's why i didn't upload anything.

Back