Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide] Simple Launcher Emulator with autopatch

Reaction score
For a more technical and advance emulator please go here :

pre-requisite
  • webserver you can download whatever you like (appserv, xampp, wamp, etc)
  • Patch Info Generator or PatchInfo.z and it's file patch from whatever emulator you have downloaded before
  • make sure you enabled file extension view on windows explore option because you need to edit file extension
basic thing to note :
  • you only need 3-4 file to make this launcher, update.dll, ServerConfig.dat, patchinfo.z and whatever patch you put inside patchinfo.z

now, I am going to tell you how to setup a very simple and minimal launcher emulator,
1. I assume you are on the localhost root folder (www/htdocs depend on your webserver) create new text file and rename it to update.dll in the root document then paste this code :
INI:
[Update]
NewVersion=0
UpdateFileNumber=2
UpdateFile1=update/ServerConfig.dat
UpdateFile2=Download/PatchInfo.z

ServerNumber=1
Server1=http://127.0.0.1/
2. create update folder and inside it create new text file and named it ServerConfig.dat then paste this code :
INI:
[LoginServer]
ServerNumber = 1
Server0 = 127.0.0.1

[PatchServer]
ServerNumber = 1
Server0 = 127.0.0.1

[Notice]
Server = 0.0.0.0

[LogCollector]
Server = 127.0.0.1

[ServerList]
Server1 = 1
3. go back to localhost root folder, create new folder and named it Download
4. if you have patchinfo.z and it's patch file you can put it in the Download folder and go to step 8

5. put any any file you want to be on the autopatch in the download folder (make sure the file name have no space or any symbol), you can leave the folder empty if you don't want to have any autopatch and go step 6 (but it's recommended to have at least 1 file, for example you can put RF_Online.bin)
6. extract patch info generator you have download to Download folder from step 3
7. run Patch Info Generator V2.exe as administrator and click GENERATE it will then create patchinfo.z based on the patch you want

8. goto apache/conf folder on your webserver folder and open httpd.conf file with notepad, find Listen 80
9. add Listen 8080 and Listen 1007 below Listen 80 so it look like :
Code:
Listen 80
Listen 8080
Listen 10007
10. restart apache service, for example : open start/cmd type services.msc find service with apache in it's name and restart it
11. run the launcher

Troubleshooting :
if your launcher still isn't opened/disappeared, here's the basic how to troubleshoot it.
1. on your client folder, go to NetLog folder and delete everything inside it, if the folder isn't exist, make the folder
2. rename your launcher to Log_RF.exe
3. open the launcher until it's closed
4. go to Netlog folder, find anything that look like an error such as download faile or something, then you will know what is missing

P.S : if you still experience the launcher crash/closed and see no error on the NetLog folder, try to delete Launcher.xml and rerun the launcher, I've experienced the problem despite everything working fine, it's turned out the Launcher.xml is wrong, you can also take other client's Launcher.xml and try if that is works for you

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Everything OK my friend? in addition to the laucher, could you make available the updated RF client and server files? I was away for many years and would like to go back to work at RF Online.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Everything OK my friend? in addition to the laucher, could you make available the updated RF client and server files? I was away for many years and would like to go back to work at RF Online.
2.2.3.2 Default Server Files:
2.2.3.2 Default Client Files:
SQL Server 2014 (For god sake, stop using 2008 SQL on modern OS):

Credits to Felix ( )

Back