Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Guide

MentaL's Girlfriend
Legend
Reaction score
How bout some1 post a guide how to make a redmoon server in a step-by-step procedure... and at the bottom explain all the common errors and solutions to fix them... wud really help m4rky as his having a hard time answerin all these posts... so some1 post a guide and u will be thanked trust me...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Step By Step:

1) Extract server to a Directory that is easy to type!
2) Install MySQL
3) Setting up MySQL
- Install
- After MySQL is installed go to Run -> cmd -> then use the "cd" command and type this "cd c:\directory where you extracted the server"
- Note: When you did cd it should now be at that Directory
- Type "LocalSetupDB c:\directory where you extracted the server"
- Close cmd
4) Change all .ini files
- Go to "c:\Dir where you extracted files\bin\config" and open up all the .ini files change the ip there to your IP (To find out your IP go to Run -> CMD -> type "ipconfig"
- Make sure all the IPs are changed
5) Setting up ODBC
- Go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> ODBC
- Select System DSN tab on the top
- Click Add
- Go down the drop list and select "MySQL server" *should be the last one down
- Hit Next
- Now put in the name "RMBrain0" and the server as "(local)"
- Hit Next
- MAKE SURE U SELECT REDMOON AS YOUR DEFAULT DB!!
- Hit Next till its done o.0
- Try running svMapCenter.exe, if it doesn't work, then you did something wrong.
6) Starting servers
- You can config the servers u run through ServerManager by editing "RMSrvScript.ini", the servers ran are determined by the numbers at the end of the line (Example: svMapServer.exe -m 21, this line runs server number 21) *Note: Map numbers and descriptions can be found in the "Web" folder, in the file that says "Map" its a text file*
- Once u got all the servers you want hit "Start all servers" on the Server Manager, some servers might pop up with error, don't worry about em coz they dont matter

Last edited:
M

man77

tell me how is problem.. my cliens connected and add new character..then server report and appear message cant establish connection to server

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
You are probably connecting to a map that is not loaded. Change it in your tblGameID1 to the correct Map number.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
does it have to be MySQL? cuz i only have SQLServer :-/

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Err, MySQL is a free sql database:
MsSQL is Microsoft's SQL database, they're different.

M

man77

Sume said:
You are probably connecting to a map that is not loaded. Change it in your tblGameID1 to the correct Map number.

and what should be the map number in databse tblgameID1?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
:O u can run rm with MySQL ? this is confusing MySQL is totaly different than MSSQL so i dont see how u can run it with mysql but anyway tell us how u do it

P

Peloquin

To run RM under MySQL, you would also need MyODBC and have to edit all the stored procedures and hex the exe's to take into account the variances between the syntax of MySQL and MSSQL.

If you have done this please post your DB and exe's. I would prefer to use MySQL as it is not as resource hungry as MSSQL.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Converting

So yeah, dunno if anyone has or not, but I'm working on converting the tables right now from MSSQL to MySQL... one because MySQL> MSSQL... Two... so I can run the server from Linux... because any servers run from a Windows PC is a witch. Three... If I do release my files once I'm done... I might do the EXEs in Java so they are cross-platform compatible (I.E. you can run it off of Unix, Linux, MacOS, and of Course Windoze) I've just started so give me time... someone might beat me to it. =D Don't think anyone actually checks in here anymore... But just in case... I am posting this Information.

Back