HeavnMS vs Cosmic

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi I'm currently running a server on HeavenMS and can see that alot of people are basing their servers on Cosmoc which is a successor to HeavnmMS. I wanted to ask what is the difference really? Are there any stuff that doesn't work in the other? I see no major bugs in HeavnMS and the sources are pretty much alike

Reaction score
Heaven has made several corrections throughout its life on github, with Cosmic it is no different, after so many people have used the source, Cosmic has opened its git and has been making several significant changes to the source. So, continue on Cosmic.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you for your response, though I would really like to one even 1 difference between the 2 sources, in game wise.
Is there ANYTHING that doesn't work in HeavenMS but does in Cosmic?

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you for your response, though I would really like to one even 1 difference between the 2 sources, in game wise.
Is there ANYTHING that doesn't work in HeavenMS but does in Cosmic?
Compare the two… both Guthub links are available and working. There’s many changes and improvements…

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Just giving my opinion as a player... Both works fine.

Haven't seen anything going wrong with Heaven or Cosmic but I just run the server to play singleplayer, when it comes to multiplayer like 3rd party damage or plenty of other stuff, I wouldn't know. Maybe Cosmic is the better version for sure yea, I just haven't felt any changes from just playing single player. I'm using Heaven and could finish the whole game with different characters and everything, I believe I tried all classes, they all work, quests are all there. It's complete, really.

The bosses still has those GFX glitches for both Heaven and Cosmic, which is the only thing really that bothers me. Going bossing is not a fun experience, u will crash at some point. If Cosmic does some magic and change that, I'd migrate at once.

Upvote 0
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
the biggest change, I think, is the Script. It migrate from RhinoJS (deprecated) to gravaljs. This enables us to go with the latest Java.

Upvote 0

DSG

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Mob skills have success rate
Removed customs sounds
Fixed completing quests remotely
Fix various portals and npcs
Fix anti-bot mobs not being killable
Various other minor changes

Pyramid PQ appears to be coming:

Upvote 0