Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Ascent [help] Animations

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
I posted this question awhile ago but it got deleted... >>'

This is random, but is there a way to edit monster anmations?
For example:

If I did .mod display [Onyxia ID] so that I looked like Onyxia, is there a way that I can set it so I can make it look like Onyxia is flying?
When I do .cheat fly with the Onyxia morph on, it just looks like she's swimming. Is there a way to fix that?

Like, I had a model viewer that showed that Onyxia has a flying animation.

I just wanna have fun with some friends. This isn't actually public since I'm still n00b-y.

So then.
Thanks a bunch in advance!!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think you are barking up the wrong tree but have a interesting idea... the reason "I think" that when you morph into something and try to fly with it that it doesn't do the flying animation is because you not actually the thing you morphed into and toons we play don't have flying animations... "I think" you just look like what you morph into but you don't have the same animations/emotes etc

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Yeah I did some research and I found out that I can do the "take off" emote when I'm in dragon form.

It's like, .mod emotestate 254 or something like that.

N00b question but how would I find out what emotes a mob has? It's somewhere in the database but I'm apparently blind and don't see it.

And is there a way to stay in that emote state without it cancelling when I run?

Thanks again!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
N00b question but how would I find out what emotes a mob has?

A: The really easy way would be model viewer like

It's somewhere in the database but I'm apparently blind and don't see it.

A: I'm 99% sure it's stored in the model files inside the mpq archives data folder... and people have been working on cracking those files for importing into maya and such. as to if that is now a reality I'm not sure. I used to do some model switching in my day.

And is there a way to stay in that emote state without it cancelling when I run?

A: Not that I'm aware of because of the way emotes are used in the game they wern't intended to be looped with exception to dancing. also I think the basic way they made things was moving breaks any animation currently playing.

Thanks again!

np I enjoy sharing what I know... it may not always be 100% accurate but I try my best.

Back