• Unfortunately, we have experienced significant hard drive damage that requires urgent maintenance and rebuilding. The forum will be a state of read only until we install our new drives and rebuild all the configurations needed. Please follow our Facebook page for updates, we will be back up shortly! (The forum could go offline at any given time due to the nature of the failed drives whilst awaiting the upgrades.) When you see an Incapsula error, you know we are in the process of migration.

Help Buying/Building a Gaming PC.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Im unsure what i need for a good Mobo, and i do plan to overclock it. My antec 900 case came in this morning. what mobo should i get?

I have been looking and Im not sure really, they say the Nvidias 700 series arent that good?

Reaction score
overclocking is a mixed bag of things.

your memory may be shoddy or the cpu may be stubborn and if the mobo is handicapped there isnt a way to overcome the previoulsy mentioned handicaps.

READ REVIEWS !! most of the people that reccomend stuff have no knowledge of anything to do with computing(apart from several other you know who you are and those who think im talking about you, well im not).

also googling oveclocking "name of your desired processor"

give good results.

READ REVIEWS !!!

p.s. CodeinCody, the ban didnt stick, eh ? Too bad.
stop giving retarded advice like "they say the Nvidias 700... " unless you know stfu, this guy will pay money for your dumbass mistakes.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
overclocking is a mixed bag of things.

your memory may be shoddy or the cpu may be stubborn and if the mobo is handicapped there isnt a way to overcome the previoulsy mentioned handicaps.

READ REVIEWS !! most of the people that reccomend stuff have no knowledge of anything to do with computing(apart from several other you know who you are and those who think im talking about you, well im not).

also googling oveclocking "name of your desired processor"

give good results.

READ REVIEWS !!!

p.s. CodeinCody, the ban didnt stick, eh ? Too bad.
stop giving retarded advice like "they say the Nvidias 700... " unless you know stfu, this guy will pay money for your dumbass mistakes.

Erm. i read many reaviews in Newegg a bunch say not to get the 700 series. i myself am looking at one. and im unsure if what mobo to get. if you didnt know, I am Magnum.

The account was made before my Ban. anyways. i dont know what mobo i should even look at buying. :S

Back